Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SkyLasers 400mW Green Portable Laser

JapanMan2 said:
[quote author=marcuss link=1227151611/20#23 date=1227291810][quote author=WackBag link=1227151611/0#0 date=1227151611]Woot! Woot!  527mW (average measured power)

You ordered a 400mw and it outputs over 500w? This is not good since even diffuse reflections are dangerous over 500mw. If you hadn't measure the output you could have used it without safety goggles if there weren't reflective surfaces.[/quote]

correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe 400mW is it's average, and peak is around 500mW +

it's like my 95mW can out put alot more when it's on full battery and not over heated.
[/quote]

Nope...the laser is averaging around 525mW's with peaks up to 575mW's. With a decently charged battery I have yet to see it go below about 480mW's.

love the new video.

i really do like the ability to adjust the dot to get more distance ^_^

ixfd64

You should put the old videos back so we could compare them.

To me, every match lighting video is worth watching. :)

djra

I cant wait for more people to review lasers from skylasers! Im waiting on a few more reviews from before i pull the trigger on a 250mW!

djra said:
I cant wait for more people to review lasers from skylasers!

I've purchased a 10mW blue from SkyLasers, so i'll be doing a review on that when it arrives ^_^

djra

saaaaweeeeettt... did you tell them you were a lpf member, or just buy anonymously? becuase that may influence the performance of your laser.

Sorry, but I consider reviews done by members who have received a free review unit to be useless in helping people to find a good company to buy a laser from.

For me, a review must be done by someone who purchased the laser just like a regular customer, so thus would have not gotten any special treatment or special hand picked units.

Its basic common sense.

spyrorocks said:
Sorry, but I consider reviews done by members who have received a free review unit to be useless in helping people to find a good company to buy a laser from.

For me, a review must be done by someone who purchased the laser just like a regular customer, so thus would have not gotten any special treatment or special hand picked units.

Its basic common sense.

this. The review while nice to see you got a very good laser, has no real indication of how standard customers will be treated

ixfd64

There is no indication that WackBag got the laser for free.

Laser I am receiving is not a "review" unit. I will personally own it :)

It's more likely that he got it for a discount.

However, I do agree that there should be some independent reviews, and the reviewers should not indicate that they are LPF members. So, who wants to be a guinea pig and buy one? :)

DayOfShadows said:
Nice i intend to review one of them soon!

I don't think we need 5 reviews all saying the same thing. We need someone to actually just go out and buy one - or nobody will ever know what their normal customer service is like.

ixfd64 said:
There is no indication that WackBag got the laser for free.

Laser I am receiving is not a "review" unit. I will personally own it :)

It's more likely that he got it for a discount.

I think he probably got it for the manufacturing price

djra

I am seriously hoping that this company will turn out to be good, I think if they are they will see some serious buisness from these forums once there are some :cool:"anonomous" :cool: customers who review. ::)

If you work through their support department, I think they will choose a laser for you and email you a copy of the factory test sheet with the serial number listed.  Then if you are satisfied with that specific lasers capability...ask them to send you that exact model :)
By the way, I received 2 new 18650 Trustfire batteries from DX yesterday (as well as a CREE XR-E Q5 Torch) and charged one of them using the charger SkyLaser provided...I tested the PGL-400 and it peaked over 600mW's and stayed there for about 30 seconds before settling back down to 527mW's :eek: :eek:  I have been experimenting with it everyday and have recharged the batteries several times...so far the laser has been very reliable. :D

Even if Sky sent WackBag and hand picked unit, this review is still promising. This does prove Sky isn't a blatant scam like WarnLaser's "400mW" tiger series or whatever it is called.

But WB, could you test the unit with an IR filter just to make sure? I know it most likely has an IR filter, but you never can be too sure. Nice pics BTW.