Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SKY LASERS 100mW 532nm & 405nm

Blord

The PL-C are more beefier. The length is the same but much more bigger in diameter.
I like the Sky-laser host. They have a very substantial weight. You really have the feeling you some something solid in your hand.

I REALLY want one of these but my budget simply will not allow it yet. I hope their pricing stays stable and the discount code remains active a while.

Any idea on the duty cycle of the green?

Paddy

I'm debating whether to wait for the pl-d pros to be made and pay a little more for that at a higher power, or just go for the cheaper 300mw SKY that's already made.

AMN

I REALLY want one of these but my budget simply will not allow it yet. I hope their pricing stays stable and the discount code remains active a while.

Any idea on the duty cycle of the green?

If you mean the 100mW Green Handheld, it is <$50 with the discount code.
And don't worry, the discount code should be active for quite a while.

Also, I have the 300mW Green in the same host, and I've run it for a few minutes without it getting warm.
And that's the 300mW one, so I assume you could run the 100mW 532nm for very long without needing to let it cool.
I also have the 1W 450nm in a similar host from SKYLaser, and that gets warm fairly quickly, after about a couple minutes.

These new smaller sized hosts are kinda cool :) With my handheld Skylaser I was told the duty cycle is unlimited and I'm wondering what the difference in heat-sinking ability is between the two... :thinking:

AMN

These new smaller sized hosts are kinda cool :) With my handheld Skylaser I was told the duty cycle is unlimited and I'm wondering what the difference in heat-sinking ability is between the two... :thinking:

Your host is the larger, 'portable laser' model host, right?
But also, the power of your unit is higher, so I'd imagine you wouldn't need to observe a duty cycle with the 100mW Green Handheld laser.

Got the other 3 lasers today. Not sure if I Should give them a new thread or just tack them on to this one. Thoughts?

AMN

Got the other 3 lasers today. Not sure if I Should give them a new thread or just tack them on to this one. Thoughts?

I'd suggest a new thread.
5 lasers reviewed in one thread wouldn't work out well, as the first post would be very long, and would take quite some time to load with all the pictures.
Also, there'd be people talking about different lasers in the replies. Might be a little confusing.

doesnt matter but make it asap because im buying a 300mW one and i want to know if you are 100% satisfied with what you received..

AMN

Just an update - the discount code for laserbtb.com has changed, the previous one is now invalid.
The new 10% discount code is 716513518239.

Hey guys, if anyone is interested in the 100mW 405nm let me know. I already sold the 532nm. i would ask $45 for the violet to cover shipping costs and paypal fees. Not making any money on this just offering it up now that I have reviewed it. It would make a great host for a 445nm with all the safety features.

45$ total? That sounds good:D

Just an update - the discount code for laserbtb.com has changed, the previous one is now invalid.
The new 10% discount code is 716513518239.

I just pulled th trigger on the 100mW 16340 model, thanks for the discount code!