Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sky laser beam ?!

Look for a 500mw green laser light show module like this.
You can find them for about a thousand dollars U.S. if you shop around.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/500mW-GREEN-P...14&_trkparms=72:1683|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

500mw_02.jpg

The standard beam of a simple laser pointer is too narrow to be easily seen from a distance, even with a beam expander. However, by setting a lasershow unit like this to "tunnel" the beam can can be spun in a circle very fast, giving the illusion of one big fat beam. See the video -about half way through it begins making tunnels and you can see it looks like the beam is getting fatter and thinner.

kbnn_ said:
We don't know so much here, ask the clerks at radioshack they are the real experts!
Make sure not to get that 1 watt laser in your eye, be very careful with it.
I see you are a local smartass?
BAHAHA No..actually I'm the local smart ass. He is just a n00b. RadioHack has been a joke now for like a decade. They used to have people who knew what they were talking about, but now its a joke.

Maybe his dad has stock in RadioHack or something.. ;D ;D ;D

kbnn_ said:
If you want a visible beam that can be seen from the ground after a distance of a few miles, you may need a watt or more.
You're best to go with green, and you wouldn't need much power, 100-200 mW for a distance of ~ 14 miles in the night or foggy sky.
...!?

How do i decide what power i need, if you cant?

I guess i probably need a 5 watt green laser 532nm wavelenght (that would cost me according to optotronics ~ 10 gran) . Or is there a better solution?

100-200mW of green is not very bright, and not nearly enough to make an outdoor laser show.
A 120mW green laser is barely visible from 50 feet away when pointed vertically into the sky at night.

You can check out Laserglow.com. They have lab lasers capable of whatever power you decide you need, and their service representative is a member of this forum (Justin). You can contact him and see if he can hook you up with a good deal. Dragonlasers also sells lab lasers. You can also contact Frothy Chimp here on the forums. He works for OEM laser systems and can probably get you what you need.