Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SKIMMING LPF??

saw a post.."TY I will SKIM LPF later--'SKIM' _WTH..???
myb we different ideas of 'skim'
spd reder perhaps
can one SKIM Dr Sam??
or a set on encyclopedias?

Has 'Monk' joined us??

Mensa member myb?
I tried that in college (1965-1970) but it was because I had not read much and there was an exam the next day--thus MY GPA ??
only slightly above 2.0
oh yeah.. it took almost 5 years (it was a long war) and went thru 5 'majors' & ended up with a LOT on 'minors'
major in Photojournalism
(lol--my spelling sucks)

)

Skim is a term that can also be used to lightly read over something. IE, Quickly skim over it.

There are certain things that don't lend themselves well to being skimmed. In my college years they were calculus and physics. My final GPA, 3.14.

myb we different ideas

spd reder perhaps

Mensa member myb?

These passages were very difficult to decipher, Hak. Some suggestions to better get your points across:

"myb" "spd" and "reder" aren't words. I'm guessing they're your own personalized spellings of "maybe", "speed", and "reader" given the context, but it isn't obvious at first glance, especially to the non-native English speakers among us. Complete sentences help a lot. For example:

"Maybe we have different ideas."
"Perhaps he is a speed reader."
"Maybe he is a Mensa member."

If you use complete sentences, spelling errors and minor grammatical errors can easily be auto-corrected on the reader's end. But when your spelling, your grammar, and your thought structure is this inconsistent, the noise multiplies the noise and it's nearly impossible to figure out what you're trying to say.

I'm also not sure why this needed to be its own thread. Why not ask the member in the thread in question instead of hiding your question from him?