Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sketchy diode listing.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Exactly ^^^^^, as mentioned by Alien and GSS, I'd go with DTR for a few dollars more, also, if you're in the US, you will get your order in a matter of days rather than weeks if shipped from China.

Voldy356

Yes, for $5 more go with DTR and piece of mind that you are getting new one and DTR's great customer service.
I'm not from the US so the shipping is $15 for me, that's why I want to go with this one.

Encap

I'm not from the US so the shipping is $15 for me, that's why I want to go with this one.

A picture on eBay is just that--a picture on eBay.

The reseller you gave a link to only has 127 sales and 100% positive feedback, however, offers 4 pages showing 153 different diode listings see: https://www.ebay.com/str/OpticsLD?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

If you are not comfortable with that than you can try Laserlands who have 27,000 sales and a 99.4% positive feedback.
See: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mitsubishi...255866?hash=item2c8b65a6ba:g:PPQAAOSwxxVb2Ajw

Last edited:
Hi, As you know the divergence on the reds are terrible , but the Mitsu 500 is a work horse and can take a beating . basically its my favorite 638nm diode and can be pushed a little over 1W with appropriate heat sinking. As all the rest of the guys stated DTR is the way to go. diode pressed in with a driver set up just solder two wires and heat shrink the solder joints. Dont forget to add some Arctic Alumina thermal compound on the 12mm module.
Rich:)

I'm sure you don't mean the Arctic alumina thermal epoxy. You would never get it back out of there. I rarely use heat sink compound if the inside diameter of the host and the module are well polished. It never seems to give me any better run times and hasn't caused any premature failures.

Spoomples

I've bought a few diodes from opticsld, maybe even that diode specifically. They seem to ship out the real thing.

opticsld is legit. The Chinese aren't making fake diodes, that would require some serious effort. They do market things incorrectly often though.

My concern was some Chinese have posted stuff to eBay that they either never send out or send something else that isn't close to what you ordered. That was a real problem for awhile. Not sure if eBay has dealt effectively with that or not.

I'm sure you don't mean the Arctic alumina thermal epoxy. You would never get it back out of there. I rarely use heat sink compound if the inside diameter of the host and the module are well polished. It never seems to give me any better run times and hasn't caused any premature failures.

Hi Paul,
absolutely not Arctic Alumina thermal epoxy never on the 12mm module. Thermal compound always on the 12mm module.
Rich:)