Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Six months this time

Or they can just be added to existing threads.
Why do certain people like that have to do crap like that with lasers? :(

Actually it's good that everyone can see they are serious about it and maybe people will learn not to do this. If people were getting a slap on the wrist and the cry was that the problem is out of control then that would worry me more.

Still people are idiots, but the stiff penalties are actually a good thing.

I hear what you're saying RedCowboy. Hopefully people hear about these consequences and don't do this stupid crap to begin with. With more and more people buying pointers, it makes me wonder if I should post articles like this on my facebook, etc to raise awareness....

We all share the same fear that this is going to ruin the fun for all of us :cryyy:

I preach safety all the time because it is so important, if some moron blinds his little sister that would be awful and my god the outcry, yes it's good to let people know to be safe and stay well away from aircraft, and not just point on a different direction, I mean wait until the sky is clear.

LOOK LISTEN and WAIT!

Some nights I just cant even try to point out start because of air traffic, so I don't and everyone should know it's up to them to make sure no accidents happen.

Another important thing is not to point at the tree line and then move off to the sky or point near the tree tops, if a plane comes over the tree line even at a long distance you could find you have flashed one, so I star point in open sky and tree point on the large part of the trunks but higher than any houses.

People have to not be careless, it could turn from fun into a big mistake.

Pay attention and listen, treat a laser like a loaded gun and you should be ok.

Last edited: