Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Single mode 445nm, 640nm and micro 532nm

ok, Latest update. So im trying to compose a good dual driver,one for the diode and one for the heater. Any way in my half/ass way of testing......
there was a brief open circut and then a reconnect ! Oops plop (i just heard $75 get flushed down the tiolet) ! Ok so it gave it life so others can shoot holograms withis brothers! :evil:

so now im starting on my #2 unit. i figured ill take this one a little slower and use ESD and all soldered wireing befor field testing ..........

Before I really tear it apart, I figured you guys will appreacheat this.

"first white light laser pointer".

I simply removed the last turning mirror and the "hot"buttons on the left side, and with a little interior filing the beam exits nicely. If i were to do this again i was thinking about drilling a hole stright thru the unit just infront of the exit window and being able to then insert a pointer turning mirror and the beam would now exit thru the front window, and as a bonus if drilled out careful you should be able to still have a working projector (by removing then pointer mirror) .

file.php

Last edited:

rhd

I have some interesting news. I just got a hold of another ShowWX. I decided to spectrometer the output. I'm calibrated for blues and greens (I can't test the reds). At any rate, the blue came in at 450, and the green came in at 527.56.

Being a DPSS-like green, I of course thought "oh crap, my spectrometer isn't calibrated as well as I thought".

So I grabbed all of my other 532nm DPSS lasers and spectrometered them all. They all read 532 (531.8). So I went back and spectrometered the ShowWX again. Still 527.56nm! These things are running at about 4.5 nm lower than a 532nm DPSS :)

I makes sense when you think about it - DPSS stability comes from the stability of the pumped output of 1064. We don't have that here, we have a less stable diode providing the 1064 (probably 1060).

Last edited:
these diodes are tuned using a holographic grating inside the cavity, there being very stable wavelenght with output, i think the harmonic heater then is the main key to running stable enough to modulate output ....... i makes sense they would want to be close to 532nm as it is then a direct replacement for dpss ?

tao

Hey holokidd.
Is it possible to make full color hoograms with these lasers?
(I do holography too.)

Hi Tao, it is possible to make a hologram using the green laser (as is) for the red and blue (have not tested), I would suspect it is possible by setting up a retro reflecting grating in order to select a narrow wavelength (ECLD), im picking up the pieces where I left off as now these projectors can be purchased used @ $50 or less ......... Stand by !

tao

Hey Holokidd,
Any luck yet on the lasers. My Ultimate color plates are itching to be used.:drool:
From what I understand all 3 lasers should work well for holography due to the long coherence. (Thus the excessive speckle in the showwx+ projectors.
Drop me a PM or we can chat here as I know many holographers would love a cheap option for full RGB holograms.
Thanks brotherman,
Tao