Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Silver Solder. 15 Gram Packs

Rifter

No, it won't work. The acid flux becomes part of the mixture and over time it will turn the copper green and corrode other metals as well. In time your traces will corrode and your copper connections will break down. That is why all electrical solder comes with a rosin core flux. Now, acid flux is used all the time on plumbing and sometimes the pipes are copper, but the difference is that copper tubing or pipe is thick and you are not making an electrical connection there. When you solder on electrical components you are making an electrical connection through the solder with usually copper traces and copper wire. The interface between these connections is what breaks down to copper oxides and become very resistive to current flow. So, that over time your electrical connection will no longer be a good connection for current flow.

So use for structural only no electrical got it :)

Rifter

hey ray im still in for a pack and have the cash now, pm me your paypal email again and ill shoot ya the cash.

Rifter

Now that he is banned does this mean I wont be getting my solder? lol

Rifter, knowing that acid core solder cannot be used on electronics, why did you order it? Are you planning on using it for jewelry or plumbing? I don't understand why anyone would buy this stuff. And, wow. It seems like a lot of people have been banned lately. What do these people do to get banned? Just curious.

Rifter

Rifter, knowing that acid core solder cannot be used on electronics, why did you order it? Are you planning on using it for jewelry or plumbing? I don't understand why anyone would buy this stuff. And, wow. It seems like a lot of people have been banned lately. What do these people do to get banned? Just curious.

Yeah ordered it for jewelry, my girlfriend has this jewlery she like from this one artist that mostly glues it together with cheap glue... which is sad because it is great looking stuff for an excellent price.

So when it breaks i clean it and solder it back together so its even better than new and so strong she will never break it again. I prefer to use silver solder as regular tin/lead is a little soft for structural work IMO.

Rifter

RayJay
Where is my money for my NoSpin LPM !
You conned me into sending it to you as you promised to pay for it in full
and I agreed to pay for shipping
Now its been over two months and you dont even accept PMs
WTF!!!!!!

He has been banned, so can't get pm, also he apparently is a spammer so you are probably out the cash, sorry for your loss. I fell for his bs to.