Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Silver host idea

Ok, I've already made myself a host out of sterling silver, although I have not yet set a laser in, as I decided to wait on the outcome of a second 12x murder experiment. (a little put off by both the higher voltage req of a 12x and the untimely demise of the first murder experiment diode). I am currently considering making a few more, and offering them for sale.
Things to note would be they would be substantially different external design from my own. (what can I say, I want a one of a kind) They would definitely be designed for only a single battery, so a flexdrive or other boost driver would be needed for the host. The only reqs of the driver is that it function off one battery and fits inside an aixiz module.. The cost of the silver is too great for a multiple battery host. Given that I am on the unknown side on the forums, I would be more then willing to donate a host to someone on the forums who is well respected on the basis of an honest review being posted about it.
Cost would probably be in a $150-200 USD price range. Hopefully closer to 150 then 200, but given the cost of silver, and the cost of casting them, and finishing them, it's more or less as cheap as I could offer. I could make them a tail click design, or a side momentary button design but it would bave to be one or the other. The option to set a gemstone or two in is easily possible in this price range. It goes without saying that the setup will be as close to a "press module into the host" and drop in battery then you're done" concept as possible. (though you would need to make a battery contact on the back of the module for the positive, and make it case negative.

I'm trying to get a feel before I go through the work to see if this is something that people would be interested in. I'm also looking for feedback as to what ideal battery size would be, and tail click, or momentary side button for the host design. I realize this is largely subjective to each person's preferences, so I expect some debate here :D The feel I get from looking at all the hosts I see on here is that people prefer hosts to be sleek and smooth metal. However for both heat dispersion, and hiding the signs of wear and tear on a soft metal like silver, a somewhat textured surface is more functional. As for the battery. Larger battery = more capacity obviously, but overall greater cost. as larger host = more silver needed to complete it. Smaller = less silver needed but less capacity.

Here is a picture of the laser host I have started on for myself. However, I am NOT talking about a vine/leaf design on any host I try to duplicate. ;) So, Thoughts/ideas/rants/feedback?

dscn5497.jpg

daguin

Love the concept

Interested

First choice 18650 -- Second choice RCR123

Tail clicky

Some sort of Celtic knot work (?)

Peace.
dave