Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Signature Curious??

i like looking into the transition between green and blue, thats where all the good stuff is. home to some very pretty colors. i envy anyone who has 5 different wavelengths between 505-465 partially because im too poor to afford any of those right now :p
signatures like Zraffleticket's are basically laser p*rn

Last edited:

I notice that also, some of the blue colors used for sigs are almost impossible to see when using the dark gray/black background.
I didn't know that you could see them beter when they were highlighted though, thanks for the tip Jerry!
No problem BTG...;)

Jerry

Most of the time I don't even look at what lasers people show in their signature, but if I see yellow in the mix, I will then look closer. Bob, I don't have a yellow YET.. I found that photo through a google search, it was in an old post here.

Eracoy

Eracoy, is this what you're thinking of? This is what I use to fine tune the colors of the wavelengths shown in my sig., it lets you change colors just enough between the close wavelengths to make it noticable.

https://academo.org/demos/wavelength-to-colour-relationship/

I'm not worried about finding the color for a specific wavelength. What I haven't been able to do yet is put in an exact color. I have so far had to use the color choices available in the vBulletin editor. Do you use a html tag to color it? If so, could you give me an example of a way that works on this site? I would love to accurately represent them.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
What I do, is find a representative color on that site to match the color that I want my sig wavelength color to be, for instance, the 515nm Ehgemus laser in my sig. uses a color that I found that looks good to me, and it fits in with my other existing sig. entries.
It isn't neccessarily the actual 515nm color; the particular code that I used for my 515nm sig. was "00b2ff". (Not sure what wavelength it corresponds to anymore, but it doesn't really matter).
I make my sig. with any regular color choice from vBulletin editor, such as the "black", and then just replace "black" with 00b2ff

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hey Eracoy, I just noticed, your new sig. is looking real good!

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I like to use it because it allows for slight color graduations when you have wavelengths that are only a few nm apart, or wavelengths that don't correspond to the few options available with the vBulletin color choices.

Eracoy

I definitely like it better now than when I was using "dark teal" or whatever. And I agree, the slight color graduations are exactly the thing you need to represent full-saturation rainbow colors.

Reactions: GSS
I don't really go by color. Usually I look first at the wavelengths that I don't have, so the yellows/oranges or other exotics.
Now that the 470nm-520nm gap is closing there are less rare wavelengths in that range.

Last edited: