Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Should I buy this laser?

Danny

Real 1W 445nm blue Laser torch/waterproof/focusable [OL-1W-445] - $209.00 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products

like is it good? & don't say just build one! lol I dont have the time but i would really like one :)

& what kind of glasses would i need to buy to protect me from them, also what kind of battery should i use?

YES this will be my first laser, other than the ones from the dollar store when i was a kid haha. but dont get all offensive & tell me i should get a 50mw laser for a first 1 lol.

how many miles will this thing go? how does it look at night?
are there any other lasers that are as bright/look reallyyy good at night & also go really far.

oh and how long can i keep a laser on for before having to let it cool down?
thanks in advance guys

Last edited:

1 Watt is plenty good and o-like have a good reputation about being on-spec.
I have no idea about o-likes quality on glasses but they do have them here.
Interesting choice for a first laser just be careful and definitely get goggles for you and whoever you show the laser to.
This thing will go on for ages.
You should be able to see the beam chrystal clear
Green would be brighter and look a bit better at night its up to you
You'll have to talk to o-like about duty cycles.

Real 1W 445nm blue Laser torch/waterproof/focusable [OL-1W-445] - $209.00 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products

like is it good? & don't say just build one! lol I dont have the time but i would really like one :)

& what kind of glasses would i need to buy to protect me from them, also what kind of battery should i use?

YES this will be my first laser, other than the ones from the dollar store when i was a kid haha. but dont get all offensive & tell me i should get a 50mw laser for a first 1 lol.

how many miles will this thing go? how does it look at night?
are there any other lasers that are as bright/look reallyyy good at night & also go really far.

oh and how long can i keep a laser on for before having to let it cool down?
thanks in advance guys

They say 60 seconds on, 60 seconds off cycle.

That's a great laser, visible not only in night, but also in dusk.

You don't HAVE to build your own. For that price you could get one from one of our members who sell complete lasers. More unique look, better quality, IMO and shorter shipping times.

Montez

I'd buy a complete laser from a member of this board. I purchased that laser In the begining of december before I knew about members selling parts or complete lasers for way cheaper. Its a good laser but its no better than the ones they sell here for cheaper. Also Somtimes things don't go as planned with ems, Mine just got here monday... It took 7 weeks. The stuff I got on here only took days, never more than 4.