Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Should I buy from budgetgadgets or o-like?

My generic eBay 5mW Green Laser just broke because the button on the inside has gone out of the range of the external button, and although it still slightly worked, I have decided to buy a new laser that actually has its said output and can do a few desired things:

- Has enough power to light matches, burn through paper and maybe thin plastic (I'm a bit of a kid when it comes to lasers, but I am responsible so don't worry about that!).
- Has a visible beam, even in the dark without a fog/smoke machine
- Branded, not generic. I find generic to be very unreliable

I've had two lasers in mind:

HLP18130 Focusable Burning Red Laser Pointer 200mW
From Budget Gadgets, for $44.45 including package and tracked shipping.

Now this seems too good to be true so I am a little unsure about this. Most places sell higher powered lasers like 100 or 200mW for over £60 - £100 (I'm British, so for my American friends I think that's like $100 - $180). But that said I have seen a few YouTube videos that feature this laser, from BG and have all got positive reviews. I am happy they use PayPal as I don't like to use other payment details on websites that I am new to.

Now the other laser I am looking at:

Power Rock Green laser Torch 50mW or 100mW /Focusable&Waterproof
From O-Like.com Dedicated Lasers, 50mW is £21 ($35 I think) and the 100mW is £43 ($69).

This website is dedicated to selling lasers and that's always a good sign. Also, they have fairly promising but affordable prices, which is what I'm looking for. The only problem is I've never heard anyone's views on their products so I don't know whether to spend, and I can't find out how to buy with PayPal on this site, though I know they support it. Either way, this website looks better right now.

So, if you recommend one of the two then your help is very much appreciated! Thank you :) (extra note: I am new to these forums so I apologize if this is the wrong forum!).

Last edited:

You said you want a laser thats,"Branded, not generic. I find generic to be very unreliable." Then you answered your own question. Pretty simply put, its a online 99 cent store vs. a real laser co. What do you think will have a better product?

Lots of reviews on O like here if you use the search button up top.

You said you want a laser thats,"Branded, not generic. I find generic to be very unreliable." Then you answered your own question. Pretty simply put, its a online 99 cent store vs. a real laser co. What do you think will have a better product?

Lots of reviews on O like here if you use the search button up top.

Thanks! :na::thanks:

O-like is better but i prefer lazerer.com !

I just checked their site and it seems legit, do they use "Checkout With Paypal"? I find that a more trustworthy method in my experience with buying.

----------------------------

I just checked, yes they do :) Are their lasers good then?

Last edited:

Ash

Rayfoss.com is also one to check out for a waterproof one.
Lately all the lasers from lazerer.com have been overspec.
O-like is consistently good, and they stand behind their lasers with a warranty.
Your choice, but with anything from China it will probably take a few weeks to get to you.

Ps - Go with a 100mW green laser, 200mW reds are unimpressive (visually) in comparison.
Oh, and Please get a pair of appropriate safety glasses. Lasers of this power can quickly cause eye injury if used improperly. I assume you would like to keep your vision unobscured until you are older. :confused:
I recommend these safety glasses. They will also protect against the invisible IR that comes from most cheaper green lasers. :cool:

Dont forget to make a review !
Do you have a LPM (Laser Power Meter) ?

I am definitely going to review EVERY SINGLE LASER i buy, but I currently haven't got an LPM :cryyy: do you know where I can get a decent affordable one from?

I am definitely going to review EVERY SINGLE LASER i buy, but I currently haven't got an LPM :cryyy: do you know where I can get a decent affordable one from?

Check out laserbee power meters. IMO they have the best prices you can find for good LPM's.

Damn I didn't know they cost so much... I probably won't get one for a while, so LPM will be off for a while, but I will stick to my word and give a review with every laser I buy. I have only just started with lasers so I'm still learning the basics (differences between nm, laserDIY e.t.c.) but I will eventually have a laser cabinet in my room :) It's a little hard for me as I'm 16 so I have do work around things with school, and as my parents only trust PayPal certified websites it's even harder to buy products. I will be getting my bank account set up soon, so I will get me a PayPal and be able to buy on-line more often. I can also be legally employed, so once I have a sunday job I'll be buying lasers avery other week :D