Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Shortening my laser.

stevie

Hey guys! I finally got my laser from lucklaser.com. It is the 2w 445nm laser. It actually works very good. I love it. But anyways, as you can see in the pictures it is about 8 and 1/4 inches. The top part is a little to long I think. I was wondering if there was a part or anything I could do to make it shorter. Thanks in advance for the answers.

Attachments

• WIN_20131228_174221.jpg
    WIN_20131228_174221.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 145
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 139
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 150
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 159

you could always use a mitre saw :p

Why do you want to shorten it? to put it in your pocket? To attach it to your handgun? to implant it in your pinky?

How short is short enough?

I believe that the end piece you want shortened functions in part to dissipate heat, but I could be wrong. It looks like it's also made for whacking people. If you have access to a lathe, you could machine the back end (I wouldn't mess with the crown) but you'd still need a way to re-annodize it.

Last edited:

Arshus

don't mess with that shit. You have a nice laser, keep it that way.

Last edited:
Why the heck do you want to shorten it?
The only thing you could potentially shorten would be the battery tube, but then you would have to
a) use smaller batteries
b) rethread the tube so you could screw in your tailcap

I am not sure why you want it to be shorter....

Pman

I understand why you would want to shorten it before you answer as most of my units are smaller on purpose but you really don't have many options here other than shortening the battery tube as someone else mentioned but you would need a machinist to do it. Still have to provide the same power to the unit so how much you can shorten it comes down to battery requirements. You will certainly lose run time and would want the highest quality batteries to hopefully get the same output.
+REP for pics wearing safety glasses.

....to others, please tone down the rude answers and language. Not helpful and you wouldn't appreciate it coming back at you.
Thanks