Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Short Review: Key Chain Green - Screambuy.com

jayrob

I tried one of the key chain green lasers from Screambuy.com...

I am very impressed by the power and stability. Especially for the size! :)

Here's the link:
532nm green laser pointer in key chain style [532nm bgp-3009 key chain] : Screambuy electronic consume products

I chose the 20mW one (less than $20 bucks), and asked for a nice stable one.

What I got was a very stable 44mW key chain greenie!

Then I modified it to fit a 10220 battery...

screambuy%20key%20chain.jpg

screambuy%20key%20chain 2.jpg

I tested the power with the LR44 button cells as well, and it was the same with the button cells, as it is with the 10220 battery.

That means that the driver on this module is regulating very well.

Just thought I would do a short review on this key chain, because it is so nice and stable. Hopefully they are all like this one! :D

P.S. The clasp shown in my picture is off of a different key chain light, and the sticker is one that I put on there as well. It comes with a sticker and a clasp, but I changed them to ones that I liked better. (nothing wrong with the ones that it came with though)

Last edited:

very nice. I'm gonna have to order one right now! I think I'll stick with the LR44 batteries, as you can get a ton of them for cheap online. How long did shipping take?

Did you measure green output? Or just total output?

Last edited:

jayrob

It's about 37mW's with an IR filter in the beam path...

Very similar to how the o-like modules are.

The shipping wasn't too bad, a couple of weeks. But the owner has good communication and e-mails the tracking number and stuff...

Last edited:
very nice! I think I might need to order one as well! Aside from its output being overspec. How does the build feel? is it nice and solid? or flimsy like most of the key chains I have are

jayrob

very nice! I think I might need to order one as well! Aside from its output being overspec. How does the build feel? is it nice and solid? or flimsy like most of the key chains I have are

I would say solid...

Not as thick as my Key Chain laser mods, but not a thin host like those cat toys.

The button rattled a little, but that was an easy fix with a couple of dabs of silicone glue and a toothpick...

lazyazzz12, sure I'll take a beam shot after I get something to eat...

jayrob

:crackup: That's a huge typo!

lazyazzz12, here's that beam shot for you...

screambuy%20key%20chain 2.jpg