Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Shopping for variety pack

Anthony P

I am trying to gain more experience with diode lasers. The best way to learn is to try things.
I am trying to create a system that is easy to experiment with. I am thinking that the Aixiz 12x30 mounts seem to have some degree of standardization as far as interchanging lenses, diodes, heat sinks, etc.
I would also like to purchase one of every available lens G2,G7, 3element, aspheric etc. to fit aixiz mount.
Is there a store where I could buy all these? Any other suggestions always welcome.
I have been searching on my own and find one thing here or another thing there, plus I am not sure what is really out there.

I do buy my 12mm X 30mm modules from DTR because they are copper and the AixiZ Modules are plated brass. The G2 lens is an aspheric, but you can get these for less money on eBay. The G7 is a 7mm FL lens available from Sanwu only. You can get these longer focal length lenses on eBay if you know where to look. That goes for 3 element and 2 element lenses as well.

Anthony P

Thank you, gentlemen. That is exactly what I was looking for! Will put together order tomorrow.

AixiZ (yes that is how it is spelled) has most of those lenses selling from Houston and operated soley by a family. Dr Chuck is vet and still active in the AUX Coast Guard..

I see no diff between the AixiZ copper and any others. same goes for their plated brass modules that are the same material as any other (non-copper) . AixiZ has been a great sponsor of Laser Meets (4 SELEM and two TEXLEMs)- and LPS.org.
While not the very first, AixiZ is THE biggest seller of 12x30 modules by many miles.. that is why it is called he AixiZ module and not the Merideth module (afaik they (Mi-Laser)sold the modules before AixiZ.
I asked how many sold so far but Chuck was not able to give me a number BUT they ' in an average year sell & ship ~>10, 000 modules .

They all come in one box of 5,000 pcs (bags) and are NOT assembled.. yeah that is a lot of work for Chuck's father.

Just in case you do not know..... being competitive with the China sellers cannot be done in reality-- they make the items in China- so NO importing or fees or taxes like USA -
- China/USA gives them (but not us) free shipping-- pretty much very dollar charged for S & H is pure profit. Pres Donny wants to do away with that so be ready for a big jump in prices-- only he thinks it will not be that way.. it is the consumer price that this will effect. NOT China...
They get unlimited low paid employees who work long hours often w/o and 'weekends' off as we know them.
AND your items often arrive quicker from Houston vs China --sometimes by several weeks. There is not tariff-tax-import fees or Customs searches or fees ... when shipping from Houston to CONUS.

and LAST Dr Chuck answers his phone (during normal biz hrs) and has it listed at aixiz.com--here it is-- 713 249 2949 ( i think)-- I get numbers wrong lately.. he likes feedback and suggestions.

and PLEASE when buying AixiZ be sure to let them know asap that you are forum (LPF) and I (Len) am here for AixiZ when the forums need help. (I owe Chuck some $$ and this helps me a lot--lol)

Len, how much are the Aixiz copper modules? I wasn't aware that they had added this to their inventory. If they are not a copper alloy and are inexpensive enough I would consider trying them out. Thanks.

Sorry for delay reply-- I dont know if 'softness' is an indicator of being closer to pure copper.. I did not trust the lemon juice text --I mounted a few 9mm for AixiZ in their copper which may have come from DTR IDK--and one got badly scratched.. had to reject that one.myself.
I think side by side tests w/ same diodes and same mW-checking temp often-- and recording.. IMHO anything within 10 % of the other is pretty much the same.-- there will be diff. between LPM readings and heat sensors---

Will PM you paul asap///len