Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Shipping

OK so i ordered something and the gave me this tracking number and all I am getting is that the origin is Sweden.

When the post office of another country sends something to the U.S. what happens then? is it usually USPS? UPS? does it just depend? I dont see how I would be able to track my order if its being done through two carriers.

Sweeden post office has no data.

also I ordered from laser pointer pro :undecided:

edit: my order shipped on Oct 21st. thats all i know

Last edited:

Hey es!

Most of the time many post offices from the originating country to not regularity update their tracking. But do not worry, today being Saturday, the post office mostly isn't operating and you should see some "movement" on Monday, and yes. If you ordered let's say by "Air Mail" it is sent between post offices.

For Example:

Air-Mail from China

China: China Post
When it gets to America it is handled by USPS :)

Last edited:
sweet. the laser in my sig broke so let me share what I ordered.

Technical specifications
Output Power 200mW
Wavelength 532nm
Light Color Green
Laser Range 3000m
Power Supply 1 x 16340 Battery
Material Aluminum Alloy
Switch Location Tail
Color Black
Lanyard Yes
Weight 4.23 oz / 120 g
Dimensions 4.41 x 0.79" / 11.2 x 2 cm (L x Dia)

1000mw-green-laser-pointers-jd-850.jpg

I dont know what actual company this is that makes it but my fire school instructor was showing me his 30mW he ordered from laserpointerpro and he recomended the website.

Last edited:

Tmack

They have these on eBay a lot . Probably about 100mw. These are Chinese made and not precise with their ratings. Kind of a crap shoot. Will be bright. Lots of ir though. Would be very surprised if it hit 200mw though :( but ou never know

meh. if i dont like it i can always buy something else. I think a yellow laser would be sooo coool. like 593nm

They have these on eBay a lot . Probably about 100mw. These are Chinese made and not precise with their ratings. Kind of a crap shoot. Will be bright. Lots of ir though. Would be very surprised if it hit 200mw though :( but ou never know
Strangly enough that's one of the spot on power wise eBay lasers I have ,The JD 850 mine had <30 mW sticker on it and measured 32 mW close enough.Of course they will vary but 200mW as tmack said no way .

Tmack

Yup. Better lasers will leak ir less. The eBay lasers are the worst with the ir issue as they are cheaply made with no filters. The higher quality your laser the more 532 you have in place of high percentage of ir from a cheap laser

you guys talk about IR a lot. how do I avoid it ? quality products ?

Yep, the only wavelength's which emit IR are Greeniesand IR's.

Just make sure you buy from a "Trusted Company" and all will be good, make sure you have goggles aswell. Just in case.

i was pretty pleased with my ebay 30mW if this new one I am waiting on is on par i'll be pleased. I think i got lucky and my ebay 30mW was a true 30mW it was pretty amazing and I didnt need fog or smoke to see the beam at night. so if my 200mw is only half power at ~90mw I'll be happy.

the IR thing does worry me tho. how will i know if it has a built in filter.

i was pretty pleased with my ebay 30mW if this new one I am waiting on is on par i'll be pleased. I think i got lucky and my ebay 30mW was a true 30mW it was pretty amazing and I didnt need fog or smoke to see the beam at night. so if my 200mw is only half power at ~90mw I'll be happy.

You can't really check, just once again buy from a reputable company ;)

Yep, the only wavelength's which emit IR are Greeniesand IR's.

Just make sure you buy from a "Trusted Company" and all will be good, make sure you have goggles aswell. Just in case.

Not entirely true, in fact completely false. The yellow you mentioned that you wanted will leak IR unless filtered as will 473 and just about any other lasers that use DPSS.

You can't really check, just once again buy from a reputable company ;)

Again, you can buy IR filters for a couple bucks from ebay, or green blocking safety glasses, the only catch to this is you will need an LPM. It's a pretty good rule of thumb that unless mentioned that it has an IR filter it probably won't.

Last edited: