Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SHINP GBV Tricolor Blu-Ray Build

Okay - Seriously. I NEVER want to have to align lasers again, EVER. Aside from that, (which isn't set in stone because I'm building 3 more of these tomorrow, hopefully B4 the game) the build came out pretty nice, I think. Simple and straightforward, pulled the 100mW red out of a CL16 and replaced it with an 803t running 114ma thru a rckstr driver in a custom alloy mount/heatsink, mounted a 9v 200ma power supply in the case to power the BR, the rest is best explained with the pics.

BTW, the pics were taken with no supplimental fog, haze, etc, just normal "bar funk" in the joint I played last night, I had some extra time before we set up the lights so I grabbed a few shots of the BR running with a pair of 100mW green systems. I will be posting better pics in the Multimedia thread once I get a chance to download the camcorder  - with full haze and whatnot (as well as the room lights dimmed) the look is a million times better than these shots!

Attachments

• BR_Test01.jpg
    BR_Test01.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 133

if you build properly and have proper mirror mounts alignment takes 2 mins ;)

If only I had gotten that lucky! I wish I'd have taken pictures of the whole mess of shims that the Chinese used to position the original heatsink/module to get it aligned correctly, looked to me like possibly that particular mount was misaligned to begin with (not to mention everything was covered in epoxy goobers to keep it in place - fun fun fun!)...

I'll snap some pix today when I refit the other 3, I'm just praying that they are mounted at least 2 or 3 degrees within tolerance to begin with!