Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Shawn Wang 50mw 532nm laser review !

S

SenKat

Okay folks - you have been more than patient waiting on me to get off my butt and finish up my reviews I am overdue on !  Here is Shawn's ebay page : Ebay Store

He sent me a 50mw laser to review - to assist with getting his name out a little bit more, and also to educate the masses !

My first impression was, this is a really nicely put together laser ! High gloss finish, sturdy button, you feed it the same way you do most any greenie - two AAA batteries inserted tail end first.

The specifications from his seller's ad are this :

Shell: Metal
Lens: K9 Glass
Built-in: IR Filter
Beam Mode: TEM00
Output Power (@532nm) : >50mW Class 3B
Beam Diameter : <1.0mm
Beam Divergence : <1.2mrad
Dimension : [ch1060] 12mm X 156mm
Operating Temperature Range : 15[ch8451]-30[ch8451]
Storage Temperature : -10[ch8451]-45[ch8451]
Input Voltage : 3V (2xAAA Batteries*)
Continue Operating Time: <45s
Lifetime : > 5000 hours
Colour : Dark Grey

Please hold all questions and comments until the review is finished ! ;D

I will be putting his laser to the test, and answering many questions during this review, as a lot of lasers sold on Ebay have gotten bad reputations lately, and historically -so hopefully I will be able to clear the air a little bit here !

Stay tuned to this thread a little later today (5 July, 2007) for the test results, lots of pictures, and a full, comprehensive write-up on all the features of this excellent looking laser.

Again, please hold all comments and questions until the post is completed.

Daedal

I think he's still having a hard time getting around to all the reviews he has lined up... especially while dealing with all the GB's and stuff ;D

--DDL

S

SenKat

Sorry for the delays, all - I have all the pics, and finishing up the write up - I am overloaded at present :(

G !

Daedal

No worries SenKat... I personally know how time consuming it is to hold a GB and I hope others will understand too.. :)

--DDL

No worries man i didnt want you to hurry to get it done i just thought maybe you 4 got about it thats all. finish what your doind we are in no hurry.

buko

SenKat,

I just registered for the forums tonite and wanted to comment on Shawn Wang when I seen this. Im new to the forums so i might as well introduce myself. The names Greg, Im from Detroit, Michigan and have bought several high powered lasers from various companies including Wicked Lasers, Dragon Lasers, and even Mr. Shawn Wang. I had origionally bought a 150mw pulsar from wicked lasers a while back, it was the origional two-piece silver design. I actually liked that design alot and Shawn Wangs laser was like that. Plus I liked the finish it had over my black and gold CNI 125mw. I decided to buy it and when it arrived I was excited to see how it was. I agree with SenKat it is very sturdy, and feels well built. I had a few problems right off the bat though, the first thing I noticed after throwing in some batteries was the size of the dot at roughly 30 ft. was more than twice the size of my CNI at the same range. It would also cut in and out sometimes. I do not have a power meter but the buring power seemed pretty good. The thing that impressred me most about Dealing with ebay's Shawn Wang was how he handled the problem. I emailed him right away telling him about my issues, he instructed me to ship it back if i was unhappy and he would replace it. I asked him if he could get a higher output laser and he said he would be getting 150mw greens soon, and would upgrade for a small fee. I shipped it back and got a new laser soon, and this one has been perfect. No problems what so ever, and the mrad on this laser is true to spec, the best on any green laser i have seen yet. The burning power is great, laser looks good, and this one seems to be constructed and working very well. I would buy from him again.

Personally it's nice to have big strong green lasers.

but... you don't really need it Super strong. 50mW or 100mW is quite awesome... (and i'm not talking about these fake 200mW / 300mw Ebay one's) That's more like a 15mW or 20mw Greenie -

True 50mW/100mw Tested on an LPM is more than enough for any laser "Hobby-est"

Stronger than 100mW it's purely for burning power.. or maybe much thicker looking beam. (Looks thicker / more solid)

Last edited:
Please check that date on a thread before posting in it. This one is from 2007, and to post in it is called Nerco-Posting which is frowned upon.