Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

sharp GH05030C2LM 505nm vs. sharp GH05030D2L 505nm

is there any difference between those two mint colored diodes?

from my research i found
both are 35mW
both should run at around 100mA

but i also found you drive first one up to 250mA and getting over 100mW.

so my question is about second one as there is not much information, but if i compare specs, can GH05030D2L 505nm could be overdriven same as the GH05030C2LM???

I have tested many of these Sharp diodes for wavelength and output power. Though the difference may exist in the wavelength, they are essentially the same for output power. Good luck.

So i got my hands on both diodes.

they are both driven at 230mA and are supposed to be mint green.

to me:

GH05030C2LM is more on the greenish side. i would call it like 515nm.
GH05030D2L is more blueish and i would call it more mint out of two in person maybe like 500nm
however the box reflection on that one is pretty nasty same as sharp 488nm

both pictures are same diodes, just camera and different lighting conditions make it seems completely different.. but you can still see more blue tint to the GH05030D2L one.

Last edited:
So i got my hands on both diodes.

they are both driven at 230mA and are supposed to be mint green.

to me:

GH05030C2LM is more on the greenish side. i would call it like 515nm.
GH05030D2L is more blueish and i would call it more mint out of two in person maybe like 500nm
however the box reflection on that one is pretty nasty same as sharp 488nm

both pictures are same diodes, just camera and different lighting conditions make it seems completely different.. but you can still see more blue tint to the GH05030D2L one.

Have you tried an acrylic lens with the one with the "box reflection"? I have had some luck with those. These diode are also not exactly 505nm. They tend to range from 502nm to 508nm. Some were actually over 509nm and went up to 514nm.

Have you tried an acrylic lens with the one with the "box reflection"? I have had some luck with those. These diode are also not exactly 505nm. They tend to range from 502nm to 508nm. Some were actually over 509nm and went up to 514nm.
i have tried swaping lenses left to right..
all i have right now is still just acrylic, and one lens from like 12 years ago for phr803 diode laser build. i think its glass and we tend to cut a plastic holder on the diode side to make bigger opening.
i dont realy know what lens it is, some coated probably...

so long storry short, none of the lenses cleared that box reflection, despite most of them being acrylic.

anyway i am happy with the color.. i like it much more than greenish one. and for the price of that diode comming in module with a driver also its like dirt cheap. unbeatable

but one question, isnt the first greenish one supposed to have box reflection also??? or is that like newer more refined diode? although there is alo like ring around saturn artefact. but its generaly unnoticeable

Last edited:
i have tried swaping lenses left to right..
all i have right now is still just acrylic, and one lens from like 12 years ago for phr803 diode laser build. i think its glass and we tend to cut a plastic holder on the diode side to make bigger opening.
i dont realy know what lens it is, some coated probably...

so long storry short, none of the lenses cleared that box reflection, despite most of them being acrylic.

anyway i am happy with the color.. i like it much more than greenish one. and for the price of that diode comming in module with a driver also its like dirt cheap. unbeatable

but one question, isnt the first greenish one supposed to have box reflection also??? or is that like newer more refined diode?

Sorry, I was talking about the the acrylic lens that comes with most 12 mm modules you buy from DTR or China. These are not AR coated for any specific wavelength. Sometimes they can minimize or remove that "box".

loreadarkshade

"box" reflection is actually a projection of the lit focused laser die inside the diode, which means the perfect focus was achieved