Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sharp 495nm Diodes

I can see it in the BST section, for some reason it showed up low down the page. Yep, didn't get one of these yet.

Last edited:

Hey, you'll love the color. It is indescribable. Right on the edge of blue and green. Drive it with a Nano Boost driver set to 275 mA. I'll be building mine by the middle of the week. I'll post beam shot of it then. :D

SOSDD

I want one. Makes me wonder if these are available anywhere else.

So far, I haven't seen them available anywhere else. Maybe DTR is working on getting these for his stock, but quantities are limited and he might not get that many.

To everyone getting one of my diodes - you have a PM in your inbox. If you don't, please let me know.

Thanks!
-Z

Just a heads up - I have the diodes shipped. Gonna try to get the tracking info out there tonight or tomorrow. Not home at the moment.

This is as good a place as any to say that I still haven't gotten my 495nm diodes yet. I called the carrier and they are still in customs in Los Angeles as of this morning. I also didn't get my Nano Boost Driver from Jordan today, so I'm still waiting to build my 495nm laser. It just hasn't been my week.

Everyone should see their tracking # in a PM.

Hopefully you can get yours up and running soon paul. I'm hoping I can get a new one by next weekend. I have a pre-soldered driver on my way...

Didn't get my driver yesterday. I'm hoping for Monday, now. But, I have no idea when it will arrive. I still have the Pico Boost Driver, but since the inductor runs hot at 300 mA, I think I should wait for the Nano Boost Driver. It's frustrating.