Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sharp 395nm 300mW Diode GH0393AA2G

Hello!
I´m able to get the new Sharp 300mW 395nm diodes GH0393AA2G for 68€ /each (~80usd) if we buy 10pcs. or more.
Is anyone interested?
BR
Phillip

farbe2

Does anyone have an idea how this diode would look?
I would think that the beam/spot should still be visible. A very dark purple i hope.
Thinking that 405nm is only 10nm away so its likely much darker. However would it be completely invisible?

I have a 365nm 3W LED and the illumination color appears to be a very pale violet when shined on a white surface, so I would think that 395nm would be a slightly lighter violet than 405nm. I would also think the beam would be visible with the right enviromental conditions.

I'm happy to take 3 of them to help you get enough orders in. I can pay you in advance as usual.

kecked

Someone asked if you can see 395nm. Yes maybe. Depends on if your cornea has yellowed with age. This is based on my experience seeing 393nm in a solar calcium filter. Some people can see it while others see nothing. If your cornea is yellowed, it will act as a lowpass filter blocking the uv. Being an intense laser source I bet even if you have yellowed you’d see something due to the intensity.

I have a 375nm 200mW that my eyes at least vividly see (like 1-2mW of 532nm perhaps). I would guess 395nm will appear bright on most bright colored surfaces from stokes shifting dye emissions. Im just using them for measuring Raman shift wavenumbers and PL emissions spectra measurements, so if my human eye sees them well or not isn't important to my application.

kecked

Not a very good wavelength for raman as there is so much fluorescence I would think the raman would be swamped. I like 785nm. Maybe you have a specific application where it works.

Not a very good wavelength for raman as there is so much fluorescence I would think the raman would be swamped. I like 785nm. Maybe you have a specific application where it works.
The short wavelengths can show Raman lines very nicely. Remember the bright PL emissions are always in the same wavelength range. This means short wavelength pumps give you the most clear Raman wave numbers when the shift is smaller and more near to the pump. Sometimes 785nm gives you <1% of the Raman excitation emissions of 405-375nm.

This diodes color looks beautiful to me. It pulls all the blue tint out, unlike 405 having a faint blue color. It looks vividly UV pink, much more than 405nm. Very pleased to have a pink laser spot that's single mode. My camera can't do more than make it look blue/white, but to my eye its a pink spot.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Now I really really really want one.

look into a beam ??????? I do not care what the power output is........You are teaching the uninformed a dangerous practice. Just saying.