Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Share your Drone images/videos.

I understand what you're saying Jerry, I was like that too but they've started to grow on me.
I can't do them on my drones, I don't have that feature in the app since I refuse to update my system.
I'm with you... I haven't updated my DJI Drone
Firmware since I bought my drones after hearing
about the DJI attempt to lock out functions on
my personal property.
My drones fly perfectly as is...

Jerry

Andrew, I'd swear that was somewhere in southwest USA, if I didn't know better, beautiful country.

Those are some cool photo's Ped, I agree, looks just like a tiny planet, awesome.

Few tiny planets from near where I live, new bridge construction...

LuUC2wD.jpg

hgYfY13.jpg

9mjjUwC.jpg

Not sure if I asked you before... What are
you using to edit the Drone footage..:thinking:

Jerry

Not sure if I asked you before... What are
you using to edit the Drone footage..:thinking:

Jerry

Premiere CS6
Hard to start with but once you get the hang of it, it's very powerful/flexible.
My other favourite for quicker edits is Filmora by Wondershare, it's also very good.

RB.

ped

I use PTgui pro

Absolute doddle to use. (HMU if you want it)

The DJI go 4 app has the tiny planet creation thing built in, but the results are much better with PTgui.

As long as you're device can take pano's , this software can create the tiny planets.

Ped

EDIT

For anyone interested, the final imiage is over 171 Megapixels!

Here is a very large version of one of my tiny planets.

https://i.imgur.com/cXojsBm.jpg

Last edited:
Damn. I repped three people today and now I have to wait again. Sorry, ped. I just tried to rep you for yesterday and I can't. :(

Ok guys, see post 22 in this thread for the still photo from this flight.
Here is the video from that day which I finally got around to put together.

It was a trip up to the Blue Mountains of NSW with my wife.
I took my drone and made two flights that day.
Each flight was an 8km (5 miles) round trip, so the video you will see is a total of 16km (10 miles) combined.
Not bad for a small fold up, stock standard, DJI Mavic Pro drone, huh? :wave:

Anyway, here it is, I hope you enjoy the location.

RB
:)

The song you picked was written by Leonard Cohen. I remember it well from the very early 1970s. He was a Canadian singer/song writer who had many, many hits often done by other people. You should have used Cohen's version of it. Nice video, too.

The song you picked was written by Leonard Cohen. I remember it well from the very early 1970s. He was a Canadian singer/song writer who had many, many hits often done by other people. You should have used Cohen's version of it. Nice video, too.

Thanks for watching it Paul and I appreciate your feedback.
I know it was Leonard Cohen's original and I did consider using it.
But my decisison to use Hagit Yaso's version was a double entendre of sorts.
You see, Leonard was a Jewish Born Canadian, his mother a daughter of a Talmudic writer, Rabbi Solomon Klonitsky-Kline.
In the Yom Kippur War of '73, Israel came under a surprise joint attack of Egypt and Syria.
Israel was caught off guard and it looked like there was a real chance Israel would be destroyed.
Leonard felt it was his duty to go and try to be of some help.
He spent several weeks with the Israeli troops in Israel.

This version that I used, was sung by Hagit Yaso, a daughter of Ethiopian parents who fled Ethiopia to return to Israel helped by the IAF under very dangerous conditions.
She performed it at the opening ceremony of the American Embassy in Jerusalem, 2018.
Exactly 70 years after the rebirth of the nation Israel.

I kind of went into a lot more detail than I intended but I just wanted to share why I chose this version over the original, and I kinda like this version as I feel it suits the video a bit better.

RB

:yh:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
How did I miss this thread? Some incredible footage/photos. You wouldn't think these were taken by members here in their spare time. They look professional.
Good job. :)

Pretty cool huh Curtis !!
Thanks, glad your enjoying the thread.

:beer: :D

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I've done some very bad drone footage with a cheap drone, and it's fun to say the least. But these are amazing results. :beer:

Another great Aerial Video Andrew...:gj:
I know it is going to be a good flight when
I hear..."The homepoint has been updated"

I'm starting to learn Filmora so I can post
some videos here. May take a while... need
to find some quiet time.

Jerry

Yes, Cohen was Jewish born, but if you listen to other songs by him and the one you used, his use of Christian metaphors is very evident. Listen to "Susanne" and "Everybody Knows". Often times these songs sound religious but are anything but. Halleluja is more about love and loss than anything else. I've been a Cohen fan for over 50 years.

I've done some very bad drone footage with a cheap drone, and it's fun to say the least. But these are amazing results. :beer:

So glad you liked them Curtis.
I've tried the cheap little drones but I'm nowhere good enough to control those. :whistle:
Another great Aerial Video Andrew...:gj:
I know it is going to be a good flight when
I hear..."The homepoint has been updated"

I'm starting to learn Filmora so I can post
some videos here. May take a while... need
to find some quiet time.

Jerry

Yep, when you hear those words 'H.P. Updated', it's like music to your ears.
Let me know if you need anything Jerry, I haven't used Filmora in a long while but I'll try and help.

Yes, Cohen was Jewish born, but if you listen to other songs by him and the one you used, his use of Christian metaphors is very evident. Listen to "Susanne" and "Everybody Knows". Often times these songs sound religious but are anything but. Halleluja is more about love and loss than anything else. I've been a Cohen fan for over 50 years.

Oh I agree Paul, I know Leonard used Christian metaphors, I wasn't implying anything different.
I was just drawing on his Jewish roots, to the song version from the recent ceremony in Jerusalem, I used here.

Also, YouTube would've pulled my video for copyright if I used Leonard's original.
It was a shameful thing that happened to him Re; copyright stolen from him for the song "Susanne".

RB