Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Seriously tiny laser, what are my options?

rhd

I've redesigned the watch for the garrote to use a thinner wire and a narrower spool (all parts turned from aluminium on a lathe). This leaves me more space for the electronic parts. I've mounted a regular TO-18 diode from a DVD drive into the aluminium core, and I've still got space for the movements from a very small ladies analog wristwatch.

There might be space for an 8 pin SMD package too, but fitting the transistor (necessary since an SMD can't sink or source 100mA) to drive the diode would be a challenge.

What is it they say? "Pics or It Didn't Happen" ? :)

I've redesigned the watch for the garrote to use a thinner wire and a narrower spool (all parts turned from aluminium on a lathe). This leaves me more space for the electronic parts. I've mounted a regular TO-18 diode from a DVD drive into the aluminium core, and I've still got space for the movements from a very small ladies analog wristwatch.

There might be space for an 8 pin SMD package too, but fitting the transistor (necessary since an SMD can't sink or source 100mA) to drive the diode would be a challenge.

No reason for a huge SOIC / SO-8 package. A 6-pin PIC 10F322 (SOD-23-6 package) and an IRLM2502 FET (3-pin smaller than SOD-23 "micro3") and a pair of 0402 cap's are the only 4 components other than the gyro you'd need, I've fit all the stuff on a 10mm board (including the gyro), you could even air wire it if need be.