Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Selling Cheap RAM and other stuff

Gata

I PMed you Pwnstar about getting a couple DDR2 sticks. Did you get my message?

I skipped over your PM as I was editing the first post but I wrote you back last night. I'm looking forward to your order. If you have any questions about the compatibility of the modules in your PC, just let me know and I'll help as much as I can.

Gata

I will get your payment sent for 2 or possibly 3 sticks of DDR2. Also I was wondering if you have any DDR3 sticks you may want to sell. I am building a new PC and the motherboard supports DDR2 and DDR3. No big deal though, I can find it on newegg for fairly cheap. Thanks man

hey you still got the SAMSUNG 1GB 2Rx8 PC2-5300U-555-12-E3 (4) ?
I need all 4 . Pricing etc...
thanks
Danrocks

I will get your payment sent for 2 or possibly 3 sticks of DDR2. Also I was wondering if you have any DDR3 sticks you may want to sell. I am building a new PC and the motherboard supports DDR2 and DDR3. No big deal though, I can find it on newegg for fairly cheap. Thanks man

No I do not have any DDR3 modules yet. If I get any soon I will post them up for sale because I don't have a computer for them yet.

thanks
Danrocks

I know Gata is interested in 2 or 3 of the 1GB DDR2 modules but I am not sure of which ones yet. I still have all 4 of them. Send me a PM if you are ready to buy them but you should hurry! I would rather not hold ram; if it does sell before you get to it, keep checking back to the thread because I will probably receive more over time.

thanks
Danrocks

Gata bought the Kingston and Infineon DDR2 1GB modules. All 4 Samsung's are unspoken for. Send me a PM.

Desktop DDR2 512mb modules are now 7$ each shipped or two for 10$ shipped just to keep them selling too. This should be the lowest price you will find anywhere.

Received my module today! Man that was fast shipping, 1 week and 2 days! I replaced my 512 mb old ram with the one i got from pwnstar but I didn't notice any difference at all. My computer says that I have 2 Gb of ram now. Is there something wrong or is it just that my pc won't speed up much with another 512 mb ? Thanks.

EDIT: I just noticed that I can watch HD youtube videos without lagging :), plus my games run a bit faster :D Thanks a lot pwnstar. You are my savior! Your prices cannot be beaten!

Last edited:

Gata

@silvershot

In my experience with XP and Vista a 512mb upgrade of memory won't have a very noticeable affect. I usually upgrade by at least a gig every time. When doing that you can start to notice the system speed increase a bit.

Thats my $.02.

I have found 2gb to be a sweet spot for Windows XP, 2gb and over should make it run great. If you still find your computer lagging a bit I recommend backup your data and doing a clean install of Windows XP or 7. Over time windows gets alot of junk attached to it that will make it run slower (especially if you haven't done a clean install in years). This may cause your computer to seem to be "thinking" when it is doing a simple task like opening Internet Explorer or even just clicking the Start menu.

In the past I have re-imaged my machine at least once a year to keep my computer with like-new performance.

@silvershot

In my experience with XP and Vista a 512mb upgrade of memory won't have a very noticeable affect.

Vista is a huge memory hog and I agree, 512mb will help but wont be as noticeable as a 1gb upgrade. Vista needs at least 3gb of ram to be as usable as a machine that runs Windows XP with 2GB of ram.

Updated Stock of desktop memory. Alot of DDR2 modules are in.
Still (2X) 1gb ddr ram left.