Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Selling a 1 troy ounce silver coin for $1

I'll take 100 please. I can't believe no Americans took him up on the offer. It would be nice to make that kind of profit quickly in other sorts of investments.

A bit of caution might be wise for the uniformed as there are may counterfeit silver dollars out there. I'm sure his were genuine, but even I would pass them through a few tests before I gave him $1. Just google 'counterfeit silver dollars' for more info.

Linky:

Counterfeit Dollars - American Dollar Forgeries

He was selling for a whole $1 outside of a coin shop where you can easily get it tested for free, and he said "you can go test to make sure its real before you buy it if you want" also it wasn't a Morgan dollar or peace dollar or something it was a 1 troy ounce American Silver Eagle

Also counterfeiters are starting to stray away from ASEs (American silver eagles) and Morgan dollars and such because of the harsh penalties but of course there will always be people trying to counterfeit them, the most common faked ones around today are Chinese pandas, silvertowne bars, scottsdale "the one" bar, and basically any gold out there has counterfeit versions.

@Dr_Evil I was amazed as well, especially at the lady that wouldn't trade half a pack of gum for it :lol:

@Flaminpyro no need to worry, as long as you stack you will be safe ;)

Last edited:
Found a light hearted look at consumerism/debt super mario style
(might want to turn the speakers down for this one,it gets noisy)

I'm amazed at the value of silver lately, I've sold a Stirling spoon that i fond at a thrift shop for almost that much :)
that's poppin tags the right way, though it doesn't come by often... helps when you have a few hours in between classes and a goodwill store a block away ;)