Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sell !! green laser 750-1000mw 525nm

in fact,i can make AL or copper host,but have some reason why i use brass for pen host
-it is luxury when build,many people love brass than Al
-about Cu, it is very easy be oxidation
-in the future,i will make some Al and copper host
thanks Paul,Rick,GSS and my customers- Gianakakis

Giannis_TDM

in fact,i can make AL or copper host,but have some reason why i use brass for pen host
Yep it's true I love the brass hosts of yours in my opinion a mixed cu brass host will be also good like cu diode heatsink and then brass body

Hi
I use the Efest 10440’s and they are great
It will be good also with the 488 build
Rich:)

You can use brass but for the battery tubes and tai caps
Rich:)

Giannis_TDM

Ah forgot to ask does it have reverse polarity protection?

Giannis_TDM

Just mark the polarity on the inside of the tail cap with a sharpie. That is the easiest way to remember how the batteries go in.
heres the thing I did that for my 445 ,it worked for 2months till I put the bat in wrong that one time and poof

I'll bet that isn't a mistake you will make again soon. Just mark the inside on the tail cap with a + or - depending on which part of the battery points toward it. You will never make that mistake again no matter how much time has elapsed and you have forgotten.

Giannis_TDM

I'll bet that isn't a mistake you will make again soon. Just mark the inside on the tail cap with a + or - depending on which part of the battery points toward it. You will never make that mistake again no matter how much time has elapsed and you have forgotten.
Well you know what they say "better be safe than sorry " but you may ask how? I've got the right component in mind! I've seen the internal layout of the host and i can fit a 4A N channel fet on the top of the bat contact board for revers v prot! the small CES2302 Fet

No matter what reverse protection you use it will consume power. The more power your laser has the more it will consume. If you want to use a FET to do this and your tail cap will be negative, a P channel FET is what you'll need. Sometimes the easiest way is best. I'd just mark the tail cap instead, but that is certainly your choice.

Giannis_TDM

Hey Trinh how is the polarity like wich side is the negative and positive? I don't want to destroy such an expensive laser

Giannis_TDM

CMON I PUT IN THE BATTERY THE LIGHT LIT UP AND THEN I SMELLED SMOKE COME FUCKING ON SORRY FOR THE TRIPLE POSTING GUYS JUST 120$ DOWN THE DRAIN

Giannis_TDM

Guys listen to this BS in the video that trinh posted the light lit up when the battery was in but off so i tried that with the spare host from trinh to see what the polarity was
For me the light turned on when the + of the bat is at the switch and - to hot i turned on the laser and magic smoke then trinh responded to my pm saying that the - goes into the switch

Fuck it FUCK FUCK FUCK its done for

Hi G,
Sorry to hear the loss of such cash investments, Maybe he will fess up and even up with you I dont know. All my builds are +POS to the diode NEG- to the tail cap and I stipulate that when shipping them to customers along with instructions .
Hope this will come to light and work out buddy. Rich:)

Giannis_TDM

Please watch this video that i made about it:
I dont blame Trinh for this I blame me I should have waited for a reply from him, I just think that he should provide a sheet telling customers the polarity together with the laser. After testing I found out: Diode is good driver is dead Edit: I will be storing the diode with shorted leads inside a hollow c6 host to ensure that nothing happens to it. So any one of you have recommendations for a 1-1.2A driver at a small size? Dia needs to be equal or less to 10mm and price matters sadly don't have much left after all this (dtr's pac is coming too!). Don't get me wrong Trinh is an amazing guy to buy from and pleasant to talk to I will still buy from him in the future.

Last edited: