Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Seinor Project!!!

Ok i know i havent posted in a while but im thinking about doing my seinior project on lasers, preferably in something green and high powered, any ideas on what i could do would be appreciated, thanks for your help in advanced. Also this is a nice excuse to get a new high powered greenie, i love killing 2 birds with one stone lol :)

Do your project on the thermal effect of high powered lasers on dark objects.

;D

you should really create your own *senior* design project.

not a bad idea to do it on lasers. my senior design project is coming up on the fall, I'm not sure if I get to pick what I get to do... I have so many good ideas though :)

Ok i talked to my science teacher who is my adviser and we came up with an idea along the lines of the thermal effects of highpowered laser light on objects, thanks for the idea. the thing is now is getting a hold of a laser to use :). i was thinking of asking someone like nova to see if they couldn't donate a laser or lend us one that we could use for the duration of the project and or give us a slightly better deal so we can actualy afford to buy one. what do y'all think? hopefully it goes well. have a good one, dave

I'm sure a lot of people have tried to tell them they're doing a "senior project" for a discount, so I'd pursue other means of funding this project.

lol 'Thermal Effects of Class IIIb Lasers on Objects' aka excuse to burn random things to see what happens... and get marks for it.

On a side note, it would be interesting to start a laser rental program. for people who can't afford to purchase one.

Why not build one yourself, and add the knowledge of how it's built to the project? :cool: Just don't forget to mention the safety part of it all....

I've wanted to build a laser for my senior project. although this year i will be a Junioir. So that wont be for another year...