Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Seeking Legal middleman for DX hosts (not illegal)

Hey all,

So i have been exclusively using DX's 20mW green pointers http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.7862 for my blu-ray builds. I placed an order in on August 18th (the day they stopped their import of >5mW to the states). So i am awaiting my refund. However i am seeking these hosts still. I am looking for someone (preferably in Canada) that would allow me to transfer $$$ to them via paypal, and then place my order into DX.

Upon receiving the pointers, I would like to request that they be gutted (This host is VERY easy to gut, in 95% of them i havent even needed tools). After gutting, i only require the host itself (body, lasing cap, and battery cap), the button, and the "c-shaped" extruded plastic component that supports the driver in the host.

I am willing to throw a few extra dollars for small amount of work involved in gutting the pointers. I will also completely cover the shipping cost of getting this now legal package into the states.

Please help me out guys...

-Paul

Re: Seeking Legal middleman for DX hosts (not ille

I was going to order a 50 mW labby from DX for my RGB projo project.
To hell with DX and the FDA. I made my own for my scanner.
I can't believe that a poor 10 mW greenie pointer module could go to 47 mW with a good driver. Runs cool too ;D
Who needs them? Don't give up.

Mike

Zom-B

I wouldn't mind earning a hostless greeny by this, but I'm in the Netherlands.

i would do this but I'm not sure if i can harvest it.

ben74

I would be up for it too and i have experience taking that laser apart :)

Hey thanks guys i really appreciate it, a new member has already been nice enough to help me out. And because he is new, he even offered to purchase the pointers for me, and only charge me after i have received them.

Thanks a bunch guys!!!