Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Searching for good GITD powder

I wanted to buy some GITD powder for some time now, to use for my lasers and flashlights.

I know if you google for it, you will get tons of results but i have no idea what to look for, if i want something good.

Also searched here on LPF but only found some old reviews, from years ago which isn't really helpful either, it would also be nice
if i could get it from somewhere in the EU or if it at least, hasn't to be shipped across the globe. :D

There are a few people here who have experimented with GITD at least once, right? So any recommendations?

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I've bought some GITD powder from "Innovative Lasers" in the past. It seems to work rather well.
Innovative Lasers is run by NickD070, who is, or at least was a member here at LPF.

Thanks, are those 4 colors the only he sells?

Also, is there actually a big difference in brightness between the different colors?
Compareable to the brightness levels different lasers have, like 405nm and 532nm for example?

I would guess that its the same, so purple would be alot less bright than green, unless there were differenct chemicals used for different colors..

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I think those are the only colors he sells, you could try and contact him through his site; he may have others available.

He mentions that green is the brightest, and the aqua is the longest lasting.:)

I personally have only used the green color so far, so I can't really compare them for brightness.

Last edited:
Alright, ill see if i can contact him, then.

Yea, i just saw the info next to the pictures, thanks.

If anyone else has experience buying from other shops, or any info on what to buy, please let me know!

Last edited:
Thanks for the input jimdt7 and TheDukeAnumber1, that some nice stuff to choose from, more is allways welcome, though. :)

Just curious, did anyone ever mix 2 different colors?
Im wondering what it would look like, if it'll mix and create a new color or just look like 2 different colored sands, mixed together. :D
I would guess, it depends on how small the particles used, are.

From an old pm...

The spot on the right is equal parts violet and red powder and it turned about nicely, it was a delightful pinkish purple, although the glow time is abysmal compared to the green. The upper right spot is equal parts aqua and green, and the lower right is 1 parts green 2 parts aqua, the green is so bright it washes out the aqua and I can barley tell a difference.
dsc00538rs.jpg

I tried a third spot, 4 parts aqua and 1 part green, then turned the lights on to try and get better color differentiation. It's closer to the inbetween gree/aqua mix.
dsc00543bp.jpg

Wow, thanks TheDuke, really nice to see, seems to work great.

@joeybab3 I guess i would experiment with different colors and see what i like the most.
Its less the color and more the quality of the powder, as i have no idea what differences there are if any.

Wow, thanks TheDuke, really nice to see, seems to work great.

@joeybab3 I guess i would experiment with different colors and see what i like the most.
Its less the color and more the quality of the powder, as i have no idea what differences there are if any.
Oh thats cool, i have 50g green, and 50g blue or purple, i cant tell

I feel like there is some kind of "chinese quality" for all things you can buy on the internet, and i wanna avoid that quality sometimes. :D

zhxwn

Would love to add GITD to my 501b, is it as simple as painting on? Is the powder best to buy to make your own paint or is the pre-made paint fine?

Thanks! (I hope this post isn't too old to ask a Q on, let me know if so)

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
As long as you are adding something new, or asking legitimate questions you're generally ok. This thread is not very old anyway; you're good. :)

I think most users, myself included, mix the GITD powder with an epoxy. I like to use a 5 minute type of epoxy, although it limits your work time, and you have to move along quickly, you can get a lot done without the waiting for it to set-up.

You can find GITD paints, but I think you get a higher quality, longer lasting glow with the better GITD powders.