Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Searching best 18650 wich doesnt drop voltage

you might want to read up on how batteries work.. there's something called OCV and voltage under load..

C

no i dont want to research all that.
i take it from you guys. If one says those are the best, then i take them.
I am busy enough learning about electronics and lasers ect. i dont want to involve all kind of stuff about batteries. i just need the best wich doesnt drop voltage so quickly.

csshih

alright, but you've also got the problem your diode heating up, which also contributes to the power drop!

C

ALL batteries drop voltage. See sig and previous post:
If the power is sagging, you have either chosen your driver or your battery arrangement poorly.

12497233.jpg

LaZeRz

12497233.jpg

While that is true, different cells drop LESS voltage.

Also, just to clear something up, borg, are you talking about low capacity or voltage sag under load?

12497233.jpg
so its the battery or its the driver. i dont know what drivers i have.
But i do know that even if the drivers are crappy, i simply want good batteries.

Ofcource all batteries drop voltage, but wich ones hold the longest their voltage?

Lastly in response to the reply about the diode:
yes it does, but after its duty cycle id like it to be full power again.
And then have the battery wich can let me have the most duty cycles on full power.

on my 445nm and 532nm laser i just see the power dropped alot after like 5-10 duty cycles.

and im talking about voltage "sag". i dont know what sag is, but i mean voltage drops under power, yes.
capacity is important to me. but i prefer more voltage hold then capacity.

Last edited:

LaZeRz

so its the battery or its the driver. i dont know what drivers i have.
But i do know that even if the drivers are crappy, i simply want good batteries.

Ofcource all batteries drop voltage, but wich ones hold the longest their voltage?

Lastly in response to the reply about the diode:
yes it does, but after its duty cycle id like it to be full power again.
And then have the battery wich can let me have the most duty cycles on full power.

on my 445nm and 532nm laser i just see the power dropped alot after like 5-10 duty cycles.

and im talking about voltage "sag". i dont know what sag is, but i mean voltage drops under power, yes.
capacity is important to me. but i prefer more voltage hold then capacity.

Yep, in that case, get either a sanyo or a AW cell and all your problems will be solved (hopefully).

The aw link, then the top battery, is protected right?^^
it says something about protection, anyways.

so its the battery or its the driver.

Not necessarily. You wouldn't want to drive an lm317 with just one cell. The power output will sag. The power sags because the driver does not have enough voltage - it's not because there is a flaw in the battery. Getting the best 18650 in the world will not get rid of this problem. Why don't you tell us which driver and what battery arrangement you're using.

Not necessarily. You wouldn't want to drive an lm317 with just one cell. The power output will sag. The power sags because the driver does not have enough voltage - it's not because there is a flaw in the battery. Getting the best 18650 in the world will not get rid of this problem. Why don't you tell us which driver and what battery arrangement you're using.

i have no idea wich drivers i am using.
I have one custom made from DTR, wich does 1.4w of 445nm.
Also i have a jetlasers 600mW 532nm PL-C.

Yep, the AW P18650 -31 is a 3100mAh protected cell, one of the newest cells out there, and includes a protection circuit. This cell is charged to 4.2V, so no special charger other than a Li-Ion charger is needed.