Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Searching a green laser pointer

MarkI1

Hi, you can recommend me a good green laser pointer, i'm searching for at least 100 mv but also higher, it's the first time that I buy a laser and I don't know which are good

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
Why green? Why the 100mW minimum? "....a good green laser pointer" Good for doing what? Why no introduction in the Welcome section? Why no profile information? Do you have the right safety glasses?

If we knew what you were wanting this laser for we'd be able to offer better advice. (I got into this hobby just because the beams are cool to look at.) And people will be much more willing to help if you introduce yourself in the welcome section and enter at least your location in your profile information. Where you live can make a big difference in what lasers you can directly buy vs those you must build yourself.

Finally, this: https://www.sanwulasers.com/product/304

Yes, an introduction would be nice and more information on what you are trying to do with it. You can get a 532nm diode pumped solid state laser pointer on eBay for about $9.00 with a battery. It should put out anywhere from 50 mW to 80 mW. For about $11.00 you can get this same laser with a battery charger and "star caps", which are a pair of diffraction gratings that rotate against each other.

Last edited:

MarkI1

Sorry for not introduced myself but thank you for answered me, i'm not good in English so is hard for me to write. I will update my profile. I will use the laser for burn small objects 100 mw are enough? If I use magnifying lens whit the laser it can burn better?

Last edited:

Gazen

Sorry for not introduced myself but thank you for answered me, i'm not good in English so is hard for me to write. I will update my profile. I will use the laser for burn small objects 100 mw are enough? If I use magnifying lens whit the laser it can burn better?

100mW will burn, but you'll want a focus feature to maximize power density. You'll also need safety goggles.

survivallaser.com

If you want to burn a 445nm will be cheaper per mW. If you want visibility, go with 532nm.

Last edited:

Gazen

If you fill out your profile with your location it will help us give you advice. In many countries it is illegal to own or import lasers over 5 or 1mW, so you'll need to check your local laws.

MarkI1

I'm italian and here the laser al legal since 2M class, a 100 mW laser wich class is?

You may not be allowed anything over 1mw so KNOW YOUR LOCAL LAWS and know that any laser over 5mw can cause eye damage, you will need the proper laser safety glasses.

I would not buy the Sanwu 304 532nm lasers as you can buy the 303s on eBay for much less and they are the same laser. Sanwu didn't build them. They just charge a lot more for them.

You can find that same green pointer on eBay for less money. There are many sellers of the 301 and 303 series 532nm pointers. Just the pointer alone can be had for $5.00. Add the batteries and charger and star caps and the price jumps to ~$11.00.