Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Search bar

GSS

Has the the search bar changed it's format in any way?
It doesn't seem to bring me to any forum posts like it used to.

GSS

Ok so its not just me..
Just a thought, maby we should be a little easy on the new comers as far telling them the search bar is are best friend:whistle::crackup: for now anyways;)

Last edited:
Could have them add the following to the end of a Google search if we really needed to:

site:laserpointerforums.com

Thought it was "site:: laserpointerforums.com (query here)" ? Use this all the time on inferior sites without a custom search bar.

EDIT:. it is indeed "site:laserpointerforums.com (query here)"
google and their annoying changes over the years.

Last edited:
Thought it was "site:: laserpointerforums.com (query here)" ? Use this all the time on inferior sites without a custom search bar.

On a Google search as long as that token exists it will be run. Single colon only, two will produce an error. (Token being defined as anything between spaces to keep it simple)

Though the ordering of the tokens is the ordering of relevance as I understood it... So if you put the site first it'll produce more results that may or may not be as relevant to your keywords since it's considering that first. But if you have the site at the end it will filter out more... something to do with trying to get a good/big result set. Not sure how their algorithm works but empirical data (from me) makes me believe that.

Odd. Searching with a single colon acts as if that operator is not there at all. Only with the double colon does it limit results to the site in question for me.

Huh. I haven't tried to search for awhile so I was unaware of this problem. Glad to find out now than later when I need to find something.