Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Scientific Ignorance

QC77n.gif

Consider the latest information about cordless phones: they emit considerably stronger EMFs than mobile phones.

Yes, because the power required to reach the next room of your house is obviously more than the power required to reach the cell phone tower several miles away.

It is all nonsense. Amateur Radio operators log thousands of hours each year willingly sitting inside EM fields that are up to thousands of times stronger than what comes out of a cellular phone, with no ill effects. They also are exposed to wavelengths that much more greatly affect living tissue, than the ones cell phones use.

IIRC average output power from a cellphone is less than 1.8W of RF. Industry standard HT (handheld) Ham radio is 5W.

If you want REALLY strong EM fields, look at those of us with multi-kilowatt tesla coils. We're doing just fine*.

*Never touch the output of a TC, and never be the lowest imepdance path for the RF current. Exposure to the EM field is harmless, but exposure to the RF current is NOT!

It is all nonsense. Amateur Radio operators log thousands of hours each year willingly sitting inside EM fields that are up to thousands of times stronger than what comes out of a cellular phone, with no ill effects. They also are exposed to wavelengths that much more greatly affect living tissue, than the ones cell phones use.

IIRC average output power from a cellphone is less than 1.8W of RF. Industry standard HT (handheld) Ham radio is 5W.

If you want REALLY strong EM fields, look at those of us with multi-kilowatt tesla coils. We're doing just fine*.

*Never touch the output of a TC, and never be the lowest imepdance path for the RF current. Exposure to the EM field is harmless, but exposure to the RF current is NOT!

I completely agree with you! This is what I have trying to tell some people back home in Canada. But to no avail. They have completely convinced themselves that RF only comes from WIFI and cells. They have also convinced themselves that it's ionizing radiation. :rofl:
Got to love pseudo-science spread by SIGs (special interest groups)
By the way LG engineers have been looking into the cellphone - cancer link for a few years now. couldn't get the rats to develop tumors. darn it. ..

I used to have a GF that was terrified of using for phone. She only used it for very limited periods of time because her aunt had convinced her that "The research has already been done". So she closed her mind off to newer, more recent and relevant research I tried to show her.

So at the least, she was very difficult to contact over the phone- or social networking sites. I confronted her about this communication problem it presented, and then she broke it completely off a week later.

Fear? Offense? Embarrassment? I don't know.