Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sci-fi lasers delivery times?

So, I'm really pondering over the SF501B 1Watt. I really want this laser. Really.

I hear that the shipping time can be over a month. Is this true? Because man... that hurts even more, even if the guy is in isreal.

Is the wait worth it, or should I find another seller like jet lasers or sky lasers?

Thanks.

UPDATE:

I've ordered the laser. I cannot contain my excitement. AT ALL.

Last edited:

So, I'm really pondering over the SF501B 1Watt. I really want this laser. Really.

The total $89.99 price tag hurts for a young guy already, but now I hear that the shipping time can be over a month. Is this true? Because man... that hurts even more, even if the guy is in isreal.

Is the wait worth it, or should I find another seller like jet lasers or sky lasers?

Thanks.

These days for the 501B it will take around 5 days to be shipped. And about 7-10 days to be delivered. Around 14-20 days total wait. That is the current wait for those 1W lasers.

Hopefully soon it will be much better :)

I advise on choosing a better shipping method if you got more $$ to put on.

In anyway , delivery is guaranteed , and 6 months warranty starts from the moment you get the laser in your hands. Warranty covers everything. If the laser stop working at some point , you will get it fixed for $0.

You are more than welcome to email me to : thejoker301@gmail.com or PM me for any further questions. I am online almost 24 hours a day.

:beer:

Last edited:
These days for the 501B it will take around 5 days to be shipped. And about 7-10 days to be delivered. Around 14-20 days total wait. That is the current wait for those 1W lasers.

Hopefully soon it will be much better :)

I advise on choosing a better shipping method if you got more $$ to put on.

In anyway , delivery is guaranteed , and 6 months warranty starts from the moment you get the laser in your hands. Warranty covers everything. If the laser stop working at some point , you will get it fixed for $0.

You are more than welcome to email me to : thejoker301@gmail.com or PM me for any further questions. I am online almost 24 hours a day.

:beer:
Thanks! that's much better than I was expecting. Expect yet another order very soon.

BTB is about the same. 3-4 weeks. It appears that Sci-fi is working on the shipping delay issue so we are all hopeful to see some improvements in the future. The Joker makes a very nice laser and the price is very good. BTB in my opinion one of the best lasers available for the money and have very good customer service. Longer duty cycle as well. Both would be a good choice but BTB shipping charges are pretty high. My only complaint about them is that they charge the same shipping charge per laser. In other words they won't combine shipping so ordering multiple lasers from them can cost quite a lot. Sci fi shipping is less but in the past quite slow.

BTB is about the same. 3-4 weeks. It appears that Sci-fi is working on the shipping delay issue so we are all hopeful to see some improvements in the future. The Joker makes a very nice laser and the price is very good. BTB in my opinion one of the best lasers available for the money and have very good customer service. Longer duty cycle as well. Both would be a good choice but BTB shipping charges are pretty high. My only complaint about them is that they charge the same shipping charge per laser. In other words they won't combine shipping so ordering multiple lasers from them can cost quite a lot. Sci fi shipping is less but in the past quite slow.

Thanks for the support bud ! :)

Encap

Thanks! that's much better than I was expecting. Expect yet another order very soon.

I would guess a 1W kit would go out very quickly--quicker than an already built unit.

Very easy to assemble.

Joker, becaue of his great prices and good quality has more orders than he can handle --he mentioned 200 a month now + he has other obligations as well.

He is diligently working to fill all his orders quickly and resolve all problems.

The advantage of SciFi other than the product is his integrity and excellent reputation + he stands behind all his products 100%.

Last edited:
I would guess a 1W kit would go out very quickly--quicker than an already built unit.

Very easy to assemble.

Joker, becaue of his great prices and good quality has more orders than he can handle --he mentioned 200 a month now + he has other obligations as well.

He is diligently working to fill all his orders quickly and resolve all problems.

The advantage of SciFi other than the product is his integrity and excellent reputation + he stands behind all his products 100%.
The only thing is, I don't have a soldering iron or shrink wrap. I would order it myself otherwise.

The only thing is, I don't have a soldering iron or shrink wrap. I would order it myself otherwise.

A couple options.
You can pick up a soldering iron on eBay for pretty cheap and if you asked Eitan I'm sure he would give you some shrink wrap. This hobby is pretty addictive so you may want to do more builds in the future. It's a great feeling making your own pointers.
Or, If you live near Portland Oregon you can use my tools. Your profile doesn't say where in Oregon you live.

Ricker

One quick thing I can say about The Joker (SciFi owner) is he left his house in the middle of the night and drove to his shop solely because I had the wrong tracking number, just to get me the correct one. I'd like to see some other company do that. ;)

A couple options.
You can pick up a soldering iron on eBay for pretty cheap and if you asked Eitan I'm sure he would give you some shrink wrap. This hobby is pretty addictive so you may want to do more builds in the future. It's a great feeling making your own pointers.
Or, If you live near Portland Oregon you can use my tools. Your profile doesn't say where in Oregon you live.
I live in hood River, but honestly, I don't have the time to meet even though I stop by Portland every couple weeks That's really kind of you though!. Ordering a soldering iron is fine, but I need to be sure that it is not difficult? Two wires to solder together and then simple put-pieces-together assembly? If so or just a little more than that then I can handle it.

Last edited:
Even though I'm a complete newbie with lasers I have years of experience with electronics behind me, and I can assure you that soldering is nothing too hard.
I mean, you have to use the right techniques, or the joint won't hold, and have to make sure it's not the "cold joint" that everyone talks about.
What's a cold joint?
When you take the solder with the iron and put it on the joint, instead of melting it directly on it.
It's a pretty common mistake, i'd suggest you look at some YouTube videos, but really, it's super easy!
As the other thing, I placed my order a couple of days ago, the owner was super kind the whole time, and answered my questions instantly.
So I'll just join the bandwagon of "this guy is awesome, have fait in him!"

I live in hood River, but honestly, I don't have the time to meet even though I stop by Portland every couple weeks That's really kind of you though!. Ordering a soldering iron is fine, but I need to be sure that it is not difficult? Two wires to solder together and then simple put-pieces-together assembly? If so or just a little more than that then I can handle it.

It's that easy. Get a few pieces of scrap wire to practice on and you'll be fine. You'll need electrical flux as well and don't forget to thread the shrink wrap on the wire before soldering. Watch a YouTube video first just to be sure.

GSS

Ask him for a few pieces of shrink wrap when you order, heck he probably even already knows by seeing this thread. You can get a starter soldering iron very cheap, most likely around $3 at Harber Freight tools and with their coupons maby cheaper plus they have a small tube of easy solder cheap. Ive even bought a solder iron at one of those dollar stores that are all over the place, just be carefull because they dont regulate heat well