Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sci-fi lasers 7W Arcane 2.0

I recently purchased an Arcane 2.0 from Sci-Fi lasers. Of course I went for the biggest baddest laser they had.
It took awhile to recieve the package but there was good communication via email so I did not feel like I had been forgotten. When the package finally arrived I pulled out one of the most professional looking lasers I had ever layed hands on. It was not an old flashlight modded into a laser, everything was made to be a laser from the start. When I powered it up I immediately noticed it was WAY brighter than my 2W lasers. It is scary strong. It easily charred white cardboard and made quick work of tire rubber even when not focussed well.

The host was amazingly manufactured. Everything threaded up perfectly. I did add a bit of plumbers tape to the lense threads to make them more stiff. I think that is personal preference though.

I dont have a LPM but I would wager this thing is every bit as strong as they promise. It makes my 2W look like a red dot pointer... scary strong.

You have to see the laser to know thats its made well? There are pictures of it on their website. Reviews are about how well it works not how it looks. The usefullness of the review is in my statements about the companies customer service (as ive seen some questions about that) and the power and quality of the laser.

GSS

Im hoping you misunderstood as we all crave beam shots! Yes it was a good review and must feel awesome in your hand:).....That plumbers tape isnt melting?

Last edited:
That plumbers tape isnt melting?

It has not melted any that I have noticed. The huge copper heat sinc + the one piece host keep it rather cool. The tape is around the lense threads and seems to stay quite well.

I hope Cyparagon doesn't see this review... I feel like if i could make a review that Cyparagon approves of it must be a very good review. Thats my goal when i get my ple pro 473nm lol

Encap

I recently purchased an Arcane 2.0 from Sci-Fi lasers.
The host was amazingly manufactured. Everything threaded up perfectly. I did add a bit of plumbers tape to the lense threads to make them more stiff. I think that is personal preference though.

I dont have a LPM but I would wager this thing is every bit as strong as they promise. It makes my 2W look like a red dot pointer... scary strong.

7W of 445nm blue is an almost silly high output power level.

Be very careful and extremely safety conscious--is a very dangerous laser--no room for any mistakes or errors in judgment.
I would not look even at the beam for extended periods of time due to "blue hazard".
Prolonged exposure to blue laser light can alter and have a diminishing effect on a person's perception of the color green. Patients who were treated for being exposed too long to intense blue laser light in the milliwatt range were only able to perceive the green color in a period of about 4-6 months.
The blue wavelength can cause a distinct biochemical action in the release of free radicals which are then effectively absorbed by red blood cells in the capillaries. Blue laser light, 445nm or 470nm is absorbed more effectively by retinal tissue compared to 532nm green or 650nm red laser light.

Just goggle "blue hazard" for more info.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS

GSS

Locksmitharmy, I can imagine how brutal the beam is as even my 2.5W is hard on the eyes like Encap posted. How are you planning on using this beast? Do you have the right living situation to enjoy it for all it is.:)

Locksmitharmy, I can imagine how brutal the beam is as even my 2.5W is hard on the eyes like Encap posted. How are you planning on using this beast? Do you have the right living situation to enjoy it for all it is.:)

I live way out in the booneys, and I have multiple pairs of goggles rated for this wavelength. I dont use this one for star gazing much as the beam is not a fine dot like my 2W, its more of a line. So its mostly for burning things (with goggles on).

The goggles say they are rated for up to 10W but Its still a scary beam.

Reactions: GSS

GSS

I live way out in the booneys, and I have multiple pairs of goggles rated for this wavelength. I dont use this one for star gazing much as the beam is not a fine dot like my 2W, its more of a line. So its mostly for burning things (with goggles on).

I bet it is:eek:

I hope Cyparagon doesn't see this review... I feel like if i could make a review that Cyparagon approves of it must be a very good review. Thats my goal when i get my ple pro 473nm lol

:crackup: I hope not too, this isn't even a review, it should have been posted in "445nm lasers" or "Companies".

I wouldn't even point that in the sky, it will be seen for quite a few miles away depending on the weather, if the ISS were passing over they would see a bright blue light and wonder what is that?

Don't trust those glasses, they will protect you when looking at the dot of up to a 10W or when burning but not from a direct hit.

Alan