Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sci-Fi lasers 520 200 mw

Davidx

My first review, please bear with me as I get more technical experience.

Sci-Fi 520 nm 200mw. Took about a month for Eitan to get it to me. It's in the 501-B host that you are all familiar with. Focusing the lens is quite easy.
One must be careful when inserting the batteries, as I hear they blow the driver if put in wrong. Divergence wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I will try to post a photo from 30 feet away. Dot had a 2 inch diameter with another 2 inches of splash around it. Batteries seem to be good for around 20 min, though I usually put in fresh batteries. Power output measured on my Laserbee AX was steady at 195mw.
As with all Sci-Fi products, the quality was quite good as I believe he builds them himself. Best bang for your buck out there. Lot of patience answering dumb questions. I know personally. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:

Nice review. Odd that it has that much splash around the main dot. Are you going to post a picture of the laser itself? Glad you are happy with the laser :)

looks like the splash is made by the lens which seems to be dirty. try to clean it david :)

Davidx

looks like the splash is made by the lens which seems to be dirty. try to clean it david :)

It's not that bad. I'm happy. Photo was taken outside in daylight from 32 feet away. Cleaned it, and switched lens.

LaserChick. Lot of light pollution here. I'll get a beem shot late at night and post it. It's beautiful. And Thank You.

APEX1

It's beautiful. And Thank You.

520 is a very beautiful color..... check out the rare wave lengths on lazeerer youtube channel they are awesome as well. But 520 is by far my favorite

Last edited:
nice review. I really like Eithans products to I have a host from him and a built one that some one bought for me! It does take a bit to get his stuff but he is a busy guy and his products are well worth the wait