Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sci-Fi Laser review - The SF501b

zhxwn

I recently purchased the SF501b from Sci-Fi Lasers

1.4W - 1.7W is its power rating, unconfirmed as it has not been tested.

Took under a week to get to my house from the moment I ordered, I emailed TheJoker301 prior to ordering asking if he could build and ship it in time as I'm going away, he advised me to order via Fedex Express and even though its the most expensive I'm glad I did, the main reason I needed it was for this trip, otherwise I would of been more patient (i know these things take time) :beer:

As you can see, the laser is bright! It is still light outside and the beam can be seen cleanly even across the blue sky.

Burning? That's what some people want to know about, well.., this is after holding it about a foot away for 2/3 secs, very impressive! It melts plastic, burns wood, paper, cardboard, of course the darker the object the easier it heats.

The laser is awesome! The customer service was brilliant. I recommend Sci fi lasers 100%, and will definitely buy more lasers from them in the future.. Thank you! :beer:

Last edited:

APEX1

congrats on your new laser! They really are awesome builds

zhxwn

Cheers! :beer: Its very impressive and a lot of fun! I'm glad I did my research before buying from WL or ebay

zhxwn

Very nice also, congrats. I dont see any mention of the lasers power? Im planning a 1W version. Can you tell me what yours is rated at. Thx and be safe and enjoy:)

The laser is rated at 1.4W-1.7W .. However I didn't receive any power graph and I haven't tested it so I cannot be certain.

Congrats on the laser. I may just pick up a 100mW 520nm laser from there in a month or two.

zhxwn

Pman, yes I agree, from what I have heard Sci is always within spec. It's powerful enough regardless :)

And Nobbs66, yes I would recommend it! So would a lot of other members on here, I am in fact looking for a 520 and if I go with Sci Fi lasers again (highly likely) and I get it within a month (possible) then I will give it an informative review for you to check out :)

I'll be looking forward to it. I would totally buy the 520nm in a few days, but I want to get a set of eagle pair before doing anything with a new laser.

Vote -Sci-fi lasers if you liked their build quality!! So how's the customer service go.

Good for a first mini review. Sci Fi is a good company run by a man who knows what he's up to. I've had him send me one of these before (mixed up an order and I got one of these when I'd actually ordered a 405nm) and it was great. Since then I've been ordering things from Sci Fi whenever my finances allow me to, and I've got a few more goodies planned yet. Always a good quality laser upon arrival.

Glad to see a good post from someone new and UK based. :beer: