Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sci-fi DIY 501-b

I ordered a DIY 501-b 2w 445 on Jan31 after browsing the forums and seeing post about reduced turn around times.

During the period of wait I was able to purchase and assemble 3 units that were sourced out of the States. Diodes, modules and drivers from DTR and hosts and contact boards from Survival lasers.

I received my order on Mar 15. When I did to my surprise the unit was assembled and ready to add batteries. I payed for $40 for shipping however the shipping total on my package only showed $9.XX USD. I am very satisfied with the laser thus far and have no problems with it. I however am more of the DIYer and like to solder and tinker with stuff so an assembled unit wasn't ideal. Joker said that he would refund +$10 of the over charge from shipping. There however is an issue with my paypal and do not think I can receive money so I have asked for the funds to be donated to the forums here. There was an issue with one tracking number not working along with a period of time my unit was said to be ready but not yet shipped. Once I did get the correct shipping it took about a week for it to arrive.

All in all I'm satisfied with my order however I wish communication was clearer and first stated "should be ready" was actually only a few days before I had a working tracking number.

I ordered a DIY 501-b 2w 445 on Jan31 after browsing the forums and seeing post about reduced turn around times.

During the period of wait I was able to purchase and assemble 3 units that were sourced out of the States. Diodes, modules and drivers from DTR and hosts and contact boards from Survival lasers.

I received my order on Mar 15. When I did to my surprise the unit was assembled and ready to add batteries. I payed for $40 for shipping however the shipping total on my package only showed $9.XX USD. I am very satisfied with the laser thus far and have no problems with it. I however am more of the DIYer and like to solder and tinker with stuff so an assembled unit wasn't ideal. Joker said that he would refund +$10 of the over charge from shipping. There however is an issue with my paypal and do not think I can receive money so I have asked for the funds to be donated to the forums here. There was an issue with one tracking number not working along with a period of time my unit was said to be ready but not yet shipped. Once I did get the correct shipping it took about a week for it to arrive.

All in all I'm satisfied with my order however I wish communication was clearer and first stated "should be ready" was actually only a few days before I had a working tracking number.

Thanks buddy !

I will donate that in your name and will add some extra for the forums.

From now on , if you need any laser you can order one and pay when you receive it only.

:beer:

There however is an issue with my paypal and do not think I can receive money so I have asked for the funds to be donated to the forums here.

Why wouldn't you be able to receive money? I thought Paypal was supposed to allow transfer of money both ways. Otherwise, refunds could never be given.

Why wouldn't you be able to receive money? I thought Paypal was supposed to allow transfer of money both ways. Otherwise, refunds could never be given.

He can get a refund. If he still want it I will do it. He has a unconfirmed account so he thought he could not get it in and pmd me saying he want me to donate it in a case he can not.

Yeah. I've never received money on my account and the 2 small deposits to confirm my bank account were sent back in 2013.. But I was going to get around to donating anyways so it all works out.

Yeah. I've never received money on my account and the 2 small deposits to confirm my bank account were sent back in 2013.. But I was going to get around to donating anyways so it all works out.

Let me know what you prefer. I can still just refund you , it is okay buddy :beer:

Hibro

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Get away and STOP SPAMMING our fourm. No one here want your shoes. :banned:

Joker you can donate it to the forums. I'm not going to lose sleep over $30 and I've been a member here for far to long not to have donate yet and don't really care if it comes directly from me as long as it get there. But I do understand your concern as many I'm sure some would want it back in their account ASAP.:thanks: I'm just lucky enough to still be able to enjoy my hobby and life.

Last edited:
Hi anyone know how long does it takes for sci-fi to ship to US?

You can email me to : thejoker301@gmail.com

If everything goes well you can get it within 2 weeks after you place an order. Sometimes a bit more. Keep in mind these are being hand built per order so it takes time to build them too. That is why it takes 2 weeks +.

Also , if you will go with Express shipping it will be shorter as less problems \ delays occur with those premium methods.

My package actually took only one week in transit from when joker told me it had been given to the postal service. And that was with a slower shipping option. I would urge you to pay for faster shipping however.

My package actually took only one week in transit from when joker told me it had been given to the postal service. And that was with a slower shipping option. I would urge you to pay for faster shipping however.

Yep sometimes it is super fast. Sometimes less. I would recommend going with EMS express if you can :beer:

You can email me to : thejoker301@gmail.com

If everything goes well you can get it within 2 weeks after you place an order. Sometimes a bit more. Keep in mind these are being hand built per order so it takes time to build them too. That is why it takes 2 weeks +.

Also , if you will go with Express shipping it will be shorter as less problems \ delays occur with those premium methods.

This is definitely not true. I ordered and paid on 1/21 after he promised the same thing to me (I was moving soon). It's now 3/28 and I still don't have a laser after emailing him weekly since then.

He sent me a tracking number, but another guy on /r/lasers has the exact same tracking number from him this week, so odds are one or both of us is not getting it. It seems he just sent us a random tracking number to make us think it was actually coming.

Stay away if you actually think you'll get this quickly.

Last edited:
This is definitely not true. I ordered and paid on 1/21 after he promised the same thing to me (I was moving soon). It's now 3/28 and I still don't have a laser after emailing him weekly since then.

He sent me a tracking number, but another guy on /r/lasers has the exact same tracking number from him this week, so odds are one or both of us is not getting it. It seems he just sent us a random tracking number to make us think it was actually coming.

Stay away if you actually think you'll get this quickly.

I have emailed you about 15 mins ago Anthony. Please reply. In some cases such things happen.

I said in the email that in the worst case I can send a new package tomorrow via EMS Express. Either way we are going to get it to you this week.

Also let me offer you $30 back for the delay. Please reply to the email and we will get it done :beer:

Last edited:
My tracking number was LX011784556IL provided on 3/07 I received my unit on 3/15. Please do not post blatant lies for which you have no knowledge regarding my review.*you can check it for your self* The total time It took get my package was a month and a half which I already stated. I also stated I did receive one incorrect tracking number.:yabbmad:
Did you respond to the right person? I wasn't even referencing your review in my post you quoted. I was quoting TheJoker saying he can get the laser out in two weeks (he can't, I've been waiting two months).

I miss read your post in emails on my phone. I thought you quoted the last post from joker. I removed that post. Sorry. Also sorry you haven't received your laser yet. Hope you do stay around on the forum after yours gets resolved.

Last edited: