Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Scammed out of a 55mW WickedLaser by LaserBen

ixfd64

Hmm, Laser Ben is actually a pretty nice guy. I don't think he is the type of person who would scam.

Sorry to say you are incorrect. Unless that is your opinion, which you are more than entitled to. ;)

ixfd64

I'm sorry for going off-topic, but speaking of Monta Vista High School, does anyone know my cousin Cathy Shieh? She's the vice president of her class. :D

Last edited:
ixfd64 said:
Hmm, Laser Ben is actually a pretty nice guy. I don't think he is the type of person who would scam.

Well scammers are always nice, what's the diff?

I ordered and had a dicro sent to me from him quite a while ago. He seemed ok at the time. But maybe he has gotten a bit greedy in the past few months. Who knows. Haha, he sure looks like a freak tho! :D

ixfd64

Hmm, if Ben really scammed someone, then I'm very disappointed.

If he simply isn't replying to e-mails, it's possible that something in real life is keeping him very occupied, similar to what happened to LC's Gadgeteer. However, the part where he hangs up the phone does concern me.

I still find it very hard that Ben would risk his reputation over a 55 mW laser. He does seem to be a decent person, though. I won a contest on Spectra Forum last year and he sent me a free 35 mW laser!

ixfd64 said:
Hmm, if Ben really scammed someone, then I'm very disappointed.

If he simply isn't replying to e-mails, it's possible that something in real life is keeping him very occupied, similar to what happened to LC's Gadgeteer. However, the part where he hangs up the phone does concern me.

I still find it very hard that Ben would risk his reputation over a 55 mW laser. He does seem to be a decent person, though. I won a contest on Spectra Forum last year and he sent me a free 35 mW laser!

I'm tired of going over this honestly. Yes, he is very dishonest - depending on your point of view, perhaps scammer, perhaps not quite that bad. In either case, don't trust him. This ain't like the situation with Gadg (damn I miss that guy).

Chad

Yeah, I've had some... unpleasant dealings with Ben before. I'm not surprised at this, really. :p

pseudonomen137 said:
This ain't like the situation with Gadg (damn I miss that guy).

You're not the only one. :'(

GooeyGus said:
This ain't like the situation with Gadg (damn I miss that guy).

Story?
He was a respected member on LC and something happened to him (I think he went to jail IIRC) I don't know the whole story though and what I said may not be right, but that's what I picked up by reading a few posts at LC.

ixfd64

I hope that's not true. :'(

I was under the impression that he was going through a divorce.

ixfd64 said:
I hope that's not true. :'(

I was under the impression that he was going through a divorce.

Divorce ::), I though he is a ~16 year old high school student. :-/