Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Say goodbye good old cam..

DJNY

As some of you new I had to sell my Canon EOS 20D for getting part of the 3-months-rent for my girlfriends flat in Kiew.

This cam accompanied me for the past 2 years. I liked this cam a lot and would suggest it to anybody else looking for a cheap DSLR.

These are the last pictures I´ve taken before handling it to the new owner..

norbyx

Nice way to say goodbye to a camera... Very cool pictures.

Trevor

Closest I ever came to getting shot and arrested I was using my Nikon D7000. Many memories attached to that camera.

Unrelatedly, I sold it and switched to Canon. :p

Trevor

Trevor: Closest I ever came to getting shot and arrested I was using my Nikon D7000

Trevor

Nothing special in the US, isn´t it :)

Which Canon do you have?

I run a 1DX and a 1D Mk. 3.

Trevor: Closest I ever came to getting shot and arrested I was using my Nikon D7000

I was briefly detained and held at gunpoint by SWAT when I was covering the December 8, 2011 shooting at Virginia Tech. I could prove I was press so I was ultimately let go.

A few of my photos are in this gallery: Gallery: Shooting at VT (Dec. 8) part 2 - CollegiateTimes.com

Trevor

Trevor

Serious stuff!

Guess you´re also doing sports photography then?

Took a few pictures with the 1DX and 70-200 mm 2,8 IS II USM two weeks ago. I was totally impressed. It was the setup of a guy who bought the 28-105 mm lense from me.

Yep - I shoot mostly sports. Football (err, American football), basketball, football/soccer, lacrosse, the list goes on. I love it. :D

Can't wait for football season to start back up!

Trevor

LOL, WTF where did you get the money for that? I am buying a MK3 for video and photo with 24-105 but I can barely afford it since I'm 15

Trevor

LOL, WTF where did you get the money for that? I am buying a MK3 for video and photo with 24-105 but I can barely afford it since I'm 15

I worked very, very hard. I don't even want to talk about my glass investment... haha.

I assume you don't mean the 1D3... why are you buying a 5D3 as a 15-year-old? A 5D2 is more than capable at both things you want.

Trevor

No aliasing, moire in video, I would have to buy a VAF aliasing filter that softens photos and video overall if I did, the 6D is actually better in low light than both the 5D's but still has aliasing same problem also no audio monitoring headphone jack, raw video with fast CF cards (it only has slow SD cards slots up too 22mb/s. The MKIII has a slow sd card slot and very fast CF card slot and with the quality control failed CF cards called Komputerbay I might have to buy for 200$ and return several times from amazon to get a good 128GB 1000x one, but once I do I can run it at 150mb/s which lets me have the raw video, even at higher than 1080p. 720P 60 fps can be resized to 1080p without looking bad because it has much more true resolution than H.264. I wish there was a compressed option with Prores HQ or something but the reason the 5D can do this raw video is because it has no processing or usage of the CPU, which isn't very good in performance. The gh3 m4/3 has a quad core and faster than the dual digic V's in the 1D X was what I used to want because of the run and gun but it doesn't look cinematic or movie like, too sharp and too much detail for me to like, no smooth rolloff, etc. it's nice that it does 72mb/s and50Mb/s ALL-I and IPB. as well as 1080p 60p and a rotating LCD, I have basically been watching ebay for the past 120 days nonstop and offering to do graphics for people if they gave me a deal for 2200$ body only. I have been talking to this guy for awhile and have met many scammers, but I decided to take a chance since paypal holds the money and bought the camera for a really unrealistic deal, I'm just gonna wait and see If I get it, he said he'll ship Monday.

Last edited:

Trevor

I run legit Lexar 1000x cards in my 1DX... it's worth it, just buy the ones that passed QC.

Anyhow... I see your mind is made up. Good luck! :D

Trevor

Canon threatened to sue hackers if they hacked the 1DX because the 1DC is probably the same camera with a heatsink and software changes so it records 4K, I'm sure it's possible that it can be made to run 4K raw with an SSD for both of them since it's straight from the liveview raw if I remember correctly and doesn't use the CPU.

I don't think they change anything for photography or video if they're faster than 600x, 128GB Lexar is 700$ and Komputerbay is 200$, I can't afford the Lexars and get mic, tripod, glidecam, greenscreen, lighting, samyang 35 1.4, 14 2.8 if I spent 700 on just memory lol, the Komputerbay ones are Samsung memory that was going to be used for Lexar cards, you just have to test them and see if they're good. It's worth the process for me because I just make money off selling these robot parts my dad gave me from the auction he won of a liquidated company. And I don't need raw video, but it sure looks like c100 footage or possibly better with a full frame asthetic. And yes it needs to be 128gb because it's only 33 min of raw, maybe I could have 16 min if I didn't use it often but I'm not sure, It's possible I will be working on a paid project soon.

Anyhow... I see your mind is made up. Good luck!
-Trevor

Thanks, Trevor.

Last edited:

DJNY

Even a 5D will do the trick and will run ya $600 - $700.

If I should ever sell my 28 - 105 mm f3.5-4.5 USM II $120 lense, only for the 24 - 70mm f/2.8L II USM update.
I used to love taking pictures with the Wallimex Pro 35 mm f1.4 ($450 lense).

Unless you´re getting paid for your pictures or you have some good cash to spend, the cost effectiveness of the stuff I listed above is a lot higher than with the stuff you listed.

Here is what I bought at your age. And I was happy with it

pocket8.jpg

Last edited:
If photography was the main thing I did, I would buy a nikon d7100, canon 70d, or canon 6D, but I'm not. I might start photography as a hobby, and if anyone wants to pay me sure, plus I have photoshop experience which makes for a good combination with that, when I said RAW I was talking about raw video lol. I do have a photographer at my school and he's got some good glass and he's fine with the 5D II since he doesn't do video, we are going to go downtown in Fort worth, maybe Dallas and he said he might teach me some things as we shoot people with our Cannons LOL.

I just thought of the last part while I was writing this because people use shoot as a term for taking photos all the time

Last edited:

Trevor

The 5D2 revolutionized DSLR filmmaking for a reason. You think you need RAW video, but you probably don't. You also don't need 128GB cards... my 16's work great. Yeah, raw video is big... but jeez, bring a hard drive with you on location and two smaller cards. Transfer from one while you're shooting to another.

And, yes, 1000x cards matter. My burst depth is greatly increased and my transfer speed to my computer is also greatly increased.

When I'm working at a football or basketball game and need to get my photos in to my publication by halftime, it's pretty critical to be able to transfer them to my computer quickly, so I can go through them sooner, get them processed for print sooner, and get them on the paper sooner.

1000x cards matter. You just have to need them and have the camera body body for them.

Seriously, don't waste your money. Get a sane camera for a 15-year-old.

Trevor

Last edited: