Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sanwu Spiker review

Tassie

Geez some of you guys pick on some piddly little things to complain about ,Skans good review ,write up call it what you like but he did a good job on it,well done mate... Tassie

Skans

Follow-up. I received my beam expander and protective glasses last Thursday. It had to be re-shipped, but Sanwu did re-ship after it became evident that the missing package never made it to me. The beam expander is also nicely made. I've been playing with it, and to be honest, I'm not really sure how to best use it. I thought I'd be able to use it to focus the beam into an even smaller pinpoint, but it does as its name implies - widens out the beam.

I just ordered my Sanwu Spiker Series 5w with Multi and G2 lens. Can you tell me how that thing performs? what batteries are you using? What will i expect? what have you done with yours?

Tassie

Skans did you mention that the beam expander was for the Spiker ? If you didn't you will get it without the adapter and then it will not adjust,i have done that with mine and now awaiting the adapter to arrive ,then it should narrow the beam... Cheers Tassie

Tassie

Without the adapter you have to focus all the way out to screw it into the Spiker so you cant focus all the way back in which means you will have the wide beam, please correct me if i am wrong but i think that is the problem i will know for sure when my adapter arrives and i can then see the difference.

Tassie

Well my Spiker adapter arrived today and yes i was right you can narrow the beam to a small dot and impressively will burn cardboard at 35 feet. WOW is all i can say,well done Sanwu you have a very well made and powerful laser there.

I can honestly recommend Sanwu and the Spiker to anyone wanting to buy a high level laser.. Thank you Sanwu expensive but worth the money..

Tassie

Thanks Tassie, I am looking forward to getting mine! I will be roasting Mosquitos, bugs and crawly things!

Skans

I've been away for a few weeks. I did not order the adapter, didn't know I needed it. Yes, without the adapter, the beam expander is fairly useless on the Spiker. I was going to try and play with it a bit more to get it to work, but, honestly, I was afraid of burning my hand. Ok, so I'm going to go on Sanwu's website and see about ordering this adapter. The confusing thing is that the beam expander will screw into the Spiker without an adapter, but you have to make it so out-of-focus to get it to thread.

I looked briefly on Sanwu's website, but can't find any reference to the adaptor for the beam exapnder - where did you see it? .................Nevermind, I found it...Duh! For anyone ordering the Spiker with Beam Exapnder - adding the adaptor is not obvious. I will need to contact Sanwu and see if they can sell me just the adaptor - there's no option on their website to do this.

Last edited:

Tassie

Skans they will send it to you without payment plus you will get 5 pattern caps with it, yes Sanwu give great service.. cheers Tassie

Encap

I like the copper core, SANWU has brought us some great lenses too.

Sanwu has proven itself with good products.

This 100% copper Guardian midget size laser is interesting.
https://www.sanwulasers.com/product/redguardian

It is offered in:
2000mW 445nm and 465nm
1000mW 520nm and 635nm
and 800mW 405nm
Sanwu claims unlimited duty cycle for all but the 405nm--unusual for such a compact unit

Last edited:
I just put my order in for the Adapter and the Beam expander. question, Is the Adapter for the Beam Expander? or do you just use the Adaptor alone on the Spiker.....? My Spiker has been shipped.. just waiting on how everything is pieced together.

Tassie

Both! one end screws into the Spiker and the other into the expander..

Skans, do you still have that problem with the laser dimming? When I was reading that I thought about how Podo mentioned his drivers lower the current to the diode over time to prevent overheating, but I haven't noticed it in my Silver Series and that Spiker you've got looks beefy enough to take a pretty good amount of heat. Nice pics btw!