Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sanwu Silver series 2.5W Tri Beam HELP!

Odd. The Mitsubishi G84 is capable of more than 1.6W. Anyway even at those stated powers you have a underspec laser. Which is out of the 5% I would usually accept for quality.

I'm new to the laser world but even I know a 9mm tri beam diode is far more capable of 1.7W.. And saying that.. It didn't even hit 1.7W!

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
You should contact Sanwu with proof of your LPM reading. They have this stated on their website. As your laser didn't work properly in the first place. They couldn't of quality controlled the laser to begin with.

***Laser output are measured by coherent Laser power meters before shipping***

You should contact Sanwu with proof of your LPM reading. They have this stated on their website. As your laser didn't work properly in the first place. They couldn't of quality controlled the laser to begin with.

No way do they quality control their products! My 700mw 405 challenger came with the beam a mile off centre !!! The tri beam came not working also.. Man I want to absolutely slate sanwu for their shit quality control ect but I can't, I love their lasers so much I don't want to speak bad about them ya know. Francis said he'd take them back to sort out but there's another 4weeks shipping time. Aaahhhhhh 😔

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Well, I don't want to judge them too soon. But I will be keeping an eye out for other issues in the future. I still believe your 405 challenger could be a logistic problem. But as for this model, it appears to be a poor quality model. And what with the change in specs for the model as well. It is a bit unusual. They may have had issues with running the diode at higher power.

Well, I don't want to judge them too soon. But I will be keeping an eye out for other issues in the future. I still believe your 405 challenger could be a logistic problem. But as for this model, it appears to be a poor quality model. And what with the change in specs for the model as well. It is a bit unusual. They may have had issues with running the diode at higher power.

Probably yeah it must be why

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Just get onto them about your tri-beam. It is still underspec and had problems to begin with.
Best of luck
Curtis

Razako

Hmm, It does seem like they shouldn't be advertised as 2W if they only do 1700-1800mw. IDK if I'd go through the trouble of sending it back, but there's definitely something weird going on. The other thing concerning is how both of ours had various battery spacing or switch issues.

Is suspect Sanwu has these undertuned for better diode life or duty cycle. I'm fine with that, but they shouldn't be advertised as 2W units if they only do 1.7-1.8W.

I've generally been happy with my sanwu lasers, but there have been some notable problems. My 1W 638nm spiker only does around 860mw, and had battery spacing issues which required me to modify the tailcap. The Tribeam also had the same issues and was somewhat under the advertised power.

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
The website seems to be advertising it as 1.6W now. As M's laser is only around 1400mW. It it underspec even for the lower power.

Hmm, It does seem like they shouldn't be advertised as 2W if they only do 1700-1800mw. IDK if I'd go through the trouble of sending it back, but there's definitely something weird going on. The other thing concerning is how both of ours had various battery spacing or switch issues.

Is suspect Sanwu has these undertuned for better diode life or duty cycle. I'm fine with that, but they shouldn't be advertised as 2W units if they only do 1.7-1.8W.

I've generally been happy with my sanwu lasers, but there have been some notable problems. My 1W 638nm spiker only does around 860mw, and had battery spacing issues which required me to modify the tailcap. The Tribeam also had the same issues and was somewhat under the advertised power.

That's the thing!... Mine will only hit 1450mw on fully charged 4.2v 6000mAh 18650's ! Yeah about the switch issues lucky I was able to fix it and.. I have to use 2x magnetic spacers on the already tipped Batterys! I read your review about yours earlier 👍🏻

The website seems to be advertising it as 1.6W now. As M's laser is only around 1400mW. It it underspec even for the lower power.

I found a screenshot in my phone dude... This tri beam WAS advertised as 2.5W!! Which is why I bought it. Then.. Francis at sanwu told me that it was only 1.7 or 1.6W after I complained to him about the power/switch issues!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    46.5 KB · Views: 167

Pman

I just looked and the spike tri-beam says 1.6W right now but I certainly remember when it was originally at the 2.5W range when they came out. It's definitely an intriguing diode. Hope you get this straightened out soon.

Last edited:
I just looked and the spike tri-beam says 1.6W right now but I certainly remember when it was originally at the 2.5W range when they came out. It's definitely an intriguing diode. Hope you get this straightened out soon.

Look at pictures in my last comment pal. I bought this thinking it was 2.5w. The old website was running the same time as the new one. Since I was giving out about the "false advertisement" old web page was deleted immediately 👎🏻

Podo

The 2.5W rating on our google store is about 8 months ago when this diode is released and we didn't update products data for the old store since the new store is opened.

We deleted the goggle store to concentrate orders and sales and the shutdown was happen before you told us there's a problem though.

We listed this G84 diode laser as "1.6W~1.8W" on our new store since it's opened.

The problem with this diode is, although it does capable to put over 2W of power, when using in a handheld device, the focus lens cannot absorb/collect all the light from the diode because of the bad beam divergence.

The highest output we can push this diode on a handheld device is about 2W but it would generate as much heat of a NDB7A75 diode.

From the distance you metered it, the lpm did not seems to have full contact of the beam and since the laser is using G7, there should be a upgrade on the output if you switch to G2 lens, it should be at least 1600mw or more as we advertising.

Even at 1.45w, the diode has sending out 2W of power already. You can meter the raw output from the diode to check that.

Normally, this laser should be doing 1.6W with G7 lens, the switch might be responsible for this problem.

If you want any help or solution, you can pm me or contact us via this email: sanwulasers@gmail.com.

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
The 2.5W rating on our google store is about 8 months ago when this diode is released and we didn't update products data for the old store since the new store is opened.

We deleted the goggle store to concentrate orders and sales and the shutdown was happen before you told us there's a problem though.

We listed this G84 diode laser as "1.6W~1.8W" on our new store since it's opened.

The problem with this diode is, although it does capable to put over 2W of power, when using in a handheld device, the focus lens cannot absorb/collect all the light from the diode because of the bad beam divergence.

The highest output we can push this diode on a handheld device is about 2W but it would generate as much heat of a NDB7A75 diode.

From the distance you metered it, the lpm did not seems to have full contact of the beam and since the laser is using G7, there should be a upgrade on the output if you switch to G2 lens, should be around 1600mw as we advertising.

Even at 1.45w, the diode has sending out 2W of power already. You can meter the raw output from the diode to check that.

Normally, this laser should be doing 1.6W with G7 lens, the switch might be responsible for this problem.

If you want any help or solution, you can pm me or contact us via this email: sanwulasers@gmail.com.

+rep for communication and explanation surrounding the problem.

Podo

Try switching to G2 lens as it will definitely improve the laser performance because it has a shorter focus length which mean it would've better contact to the laser light from the diode.

Last edited:

From the distance you metered it, the lpm did not seems to have full contact of the beam and since the laser is using G7, there should be a upgrade on the output if you switch to G2 lens, it should be at least 1600mw or more as we advertising.

Just curious, but what current are you running the diode at?