Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sanwu shoutout

BobMc

Got to give Sanwu a shout out. Had a 445nm 1.8 watt Guardian in a small flashlight holister in my pocket. Put my hand in my pocket and accidently turned it on. Didn't know it, must have been on for at least five minutes before the holister just got so hot, it started to burn through, and burn my leg. By the time I pulled it out it was so hot I could barely touch the unit. Let it cool down ( kicking myself in the rear) as I waited. After it cooled down, gave it a try and she came to life! Gotta give it to Sanwu, took a beating and came back ticking. All is well and thats the last thing I thought would happen. Already was trying to figure out how to send it back for repair, it had gotten so hot, thought there was no way. But Sanwu's built like a tank! Thanks Sanwu!! Worth every penny!!!

Last edited:

That just happened to me with a 501b from Sci-fi lasers. Although the drivers are crap because they don't have reverse polarity protection (I've replaced it twice due to not thinking before inserting batteries), the rest works just great. The other day I put it in my pocket and for some reason forgot to take the batts out, well anyways it turned on and by the time I caught it, the laser was burning hot. I cooled the heatsink down with an ice pack to prevent swelling ;) and it seems like it works just as usual. I think these diodes were made rugged or something.

Last edited:
At least you weren't carrying it around stuffed down the front of your pants. :na:

BobMc

That just happened to me with a 501b from Sci-fi lasers. Although the drivers are crap because they don't have reverse polarity protection (I've replaced it twice due to not thinking before inserting batteries), the rest works just great. The other day I put it in my pocket and for some reason forgot to take the batts out, well anyways it turned on and by the time I caught it, the laser was burning hot. I cooled the heatsink down with an ice pack to prevent swelling ;) and it seems like it works just as usual. I think these diodes were made rugged or something.

Glad your laser came back to life also. Guess we're just gonna have to be more careful. Thinking about putting some type of pad or maybe top of a small pill bottle in the holister first, than make sure and put the button side in toward it, so the button can't be accidently pushed. Trying to come up with a fool proof way.

Last edited:

BobMc

Full proof way is take out the batteries. I just forgot.

Right or wrong, I like to carry a small laser with me with batteries in it. Don't like to have to put batteries in it when I want to use it. So I'm trying to have the best of both worlds. But your way is safer .

Right or wrong, I like to carry a small laser with me with batteries in it. Don't like to have to put batteries in it when I want to use it. So I'm trying to have the best of both worlds. But your way is safer .
I only take the batteries out if it's one of my 445's or 635's. Reason being all my 532's can't burn and although my 405 and 650 can burn, they're both the sanwu pocket series and the buttons don't depress easily so I feel that it's fine. The only reason I take the batteries out of the other ones is because the button is big and I've found them on in my pocket multiple times. :D:can:
Late here, must hit the sack. :tired:

Last edited: