Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sanwu lasers discount?!

Does anyone know of or have any discount codes for Sanwu Lasers? I am itching to purchse, but I was hoping for a little discount. First time buyer of Sanwu.

Cheers.
:thanks:

Sta

Welcome to the forum! We're glad to have you here.

I don't believe Sanwu has any discounts ongoing, but you can get some free star caps with your order if you use the code SW01CAP!

You've made a good choice to buy from Sanwu, hope it works out! :D

Thanks for your timely response and input.

Before I click submit on my payment.. can you maybe help me to finalize it? I have a few questions. :)

--Which is better of these Sanwu?: Challenger II (3W) or Silver Series (3W) [both are BLUE 445nm]

--It shows single mode is available. Should I go with that? I heard it's 'better'.

--What do I do when/if it dies and is out of warranty? Will i need to buy a whole new one? (Cost wise at least... if diode goes?)

Last edited:
I have the sanwu silver series 3 watt and it is very nice. I prefer it over the challenger. I would go single mode, on this it means how many functions the lasers has like strobe. You probably heard of single mode diodes which are more of a dot than a bar.

Sta

Thanks for your timely response and input.

Before I click submit on my payment.. can you maybe help me to finalize it? I have a few questions. :)

--Which is better of these Sanwu?: Challenger II (3W) or Silver Series (3W) [both 445nm]

--It shows single mode is available. Should I go with that? I heard it's 'better'.

--What do I do when/if it dies and is out of warranty? Will i need to buy a whole new one? (Cost wise at least... if diode goes?)

Go with Challenger II if you'd like a compact unit, Silver if you'd like longer battery life and longer runtime.

Go with single mode if you'd like simplicity, multimode if you have children around or generally value safety.

If it dies out of warranty, Podo is usually nice enough to replace it anyway. :)

Go with Challenger II if you'd like a compact unit, Silver if you'd like longer battery life and longer runtime.

Go with single mode if you'd like simplicity, multimode if you have children around or generally value safety.

If it dies out of warranty, Podo is usually nice enough to replace it anyway. :)

That's awesome. I can't wait. I see Podo seems like a great person to deal with. Can someone tag Podo?? lol

Now to decide between the Challenger II and the Silver.... any more input?
:wave: :tinfoil: :) :na: :crackup:

Yes, go with the silver series and get the extension tube. You will like it more than the challenger. If feels cooler and bigger, great run time, more professional feel. I own both. I have a silver series 3 watt and 800mw 635 challenger.

Sta

Yes, go with the silver series and get the extension tube. You will like it more than the challenger. If feels cooler and bigger, great run time, more professional feel. I own both. I have a silver series 3 watt and 800mw 635 challenger.

I'm inclined to agree with Crazlaser, the Silver is a much larger host and should suit you very well. :D

Going with Silver. Anddddddddddd. G2 as Podo suggested to me for burning.

Now to find safety glasses good enough to withstand 3 watts!!!!

Does anyone know of or have any discount codes for Sanwu Lasers? I am itching to purchse, but I was hoping for a little discount. First time buyer of Sanwu.

Cheers.
:thanks:

You could ask Podo if there is a discount code available. Doesn't hurt to ask.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Going with Silver. Anddddddddddd. G2 as Podo suggested to me for burning.

Now to find safety glasses good enough to withstand 3 watts!!!!

Go here "Survivallaser" and get some "Eagle pair" safety glasses/goggles, you can't beat them for the money, they are a great product at a reasonable price! :)

Etit: Be sure to use discount code LPF445 for a 10% LPF member discount!

Last edited:
Okay great. I need to decide on to go with the G2 or G7.. I want to burn but I don't want to compromise the beam at mid range.

Sta

Okay great. I need to decide on to go with the G2 or G7.. I want to burn but I don't want to compromise the beam at mid range.

G7, G7, G7. Can't stress this enough. It's by far the best lens available. :D

Sta I've looked and besides Sanwu, I can't seem to find these? Where could I get some of the G7's. DTR doesn't sell them.:yabbmad::undecided:

^Read my quote. "Besides Sanwu."

I'd rather not have to wait for foreign shipping if someone in the USA has it. :)

Last edited: