Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sanwu G7 on a Gatling laser

Hello, would a G7 lens from Sanwu in a 9mm holder work with a blue Gatling laser? I am thinking of buying one as the stock lens is getting dirty and I can't get rid of some of it. Would there be any problems due to it not having holes for a screwdriver, therefore being unable to screw it into the right position?
I would buy a G8 from DTR but I live in Europe and the shipping would be too expensive.
If it doesn't work, I guess I'll buy one from LPS, despite it being a 3E.

Last edited:

Most all.....well all our common lenses are in M9x0.5 threaded barrels, that's a 9mm wide lens holder threaded metric 9mm @ 0.5 thread pitch.
Many of the ebay lasers are 8mm IINM but I don't know about the Gatling.......you can buy an M9x0.5 tap and if you wanted to you could disassemble your Gatling and drill/tap for the common hobby lenses if it's not already a 9mm........if you don't have metric drill bits you can get away with a 21/64 and just buy the tap provided your Gatling has enough material to accommodate going up a mm in size.

Most all.....well all our common lenses are in M9x0.5 threaded barrels, that's a 9mm wide lens holder threaded metric 9mm @ 0.5 thread pitch.
Many of the ebay lasers are 8mm IINM but I don't know about the Gatling.......you can buy an M9x0.5 tap and if you wanted to you could disassemble your Gatling and drill/tap for the common hobby lenses if it's not already a 9mm........if you don't have metric drill bits you can get away with a 21/64 and just buy the tap provided your Gatling has enough material to accommodate going up a mm in size.

I know it has the correct threading. What I'm scared of is the fact that the G7 appears to not have the ridges to screw it in, therefore if I need to screw it in too much I won't be able to.

Why even use a G7 ? Why not a G8 from DTR ? The G8 has screwdriver slots on the output side.

Why even use a G7 ? Why not a G8 from DTR ? The G8 has screwdriver slots on the output side.

As I said, I live in Europe so the shipping costs as much as the lens itself.

Ainus

Hello, would a G7 lens from Sanwu in a 9mm holder work with a blue Gatling laser? I am thinking of buying one as the stock lens is getting dirty and I can't get rid of some of it. Would there be any problems due to it not having holes for a screwdriver, therefore being unable to screw it into the right position?
I would buy a G8 from DTR but I live in Europe and the shipping would be too expensive.
If it doesn't work, I guess I'll buy one from LPS, despite it being a 3E.
I have that setup gatling laser and g7 9mm lens and it works but old lens is actualy gulued on the threads on my laser and removing the lens and replacing with a g7 one took over a hour