Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Sanwu G7 on a Gatling laser

Brainstorm312

Hello, would a G7 lens from Sanwu in a 9mm holder work with a blue Gatling laser? I am thinking of buying one as the stock lens is getting dirty and I can't get rid of some of it. Would there be any problems due to it not having holes for a screwdriver, therefore being unable to screw it into the right position?
I would buy a G8 from DTR but I live in Europe and the shipping would be too expensive.
If it doesn't work, I guess I'll buy one from LPS, despite it being a 3E.

Last edited:

RedCowboy

Most all.....well all our common lenses are in M9x0.5 threaded barrels, that's a 9mm wide lens holder threaded metric 9mm @ 0.5 thread pitch.
Many of the ebay lasers are 8mm IINM but I don't know about the Gatling.......you can buy an M9x0.5 tap and if you wanted to you could disassemble your Gatling and drill/tap for the common hobby lenses if it's not already a 9mm........if you don't have metric drill bits you can get away with a 21/64 and just buy the tap provided your Gatling has enough material to accommodate going up a mm in size.

Brainstorm312

Most all.....well all our common lenses are in M9x0.5 threaded barrels, that's a 9mm wide lens holder threaded metric 9mm @ 0.5 thread pitch.
Many of the ebay lasers are 8mm IINM but I don't know about the Gatling.......you can buy an M9x0.5 tap and if you wanted to you could disassemble your Gatling and drill/tap for the common hobby lenses if it's not already a 9mm........if you don't have metric drill bits you can get away with a 21/64 and just buy the tap provided your Gatling has enough material to accommodate going up a mm in size.

I know it has the correct threading. What I'm scared of is the fact that the G7 appears to not have the ridges to screw it in, therefore if I need to screw it in too much I won't be able to.

RedCowboy

Why even use a G7 ? Why not a G8 from DTR ? The G8 has screwdriver slots on the output side.

Brainstorm312

Why even use a G7 ? Why not a G8 from DTR ? The G8 has screwdriver slots on the output side.

As I said, I live in Europe so the shipping costs as much as the lens itself.