Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sanwu 1W 520nm / 100mw 488nm Guardian Review CHASING MY GRAIL

Phytenize

Figured I'd make my first post a review! My father introduced me to lasers as a kid and my hobby / obsession grew from there. I've heard lots of good thinks about Sanwu so I wanted in on that experience. First off the shipping time was very reasonable, about 1 month exactly. However tracking was non existent, one day they just showed up at my door. I ordered my two guradians in the "smooth" finish. Very nice to the touch and to hold in the hand. The have a heft to them that you do not expect when picking it up, also adds to the nice quality feel. The 520nm is insanely powerful for how small it is, a "sleeper" if you will. However it gets very hot very fast. I would not want to cycle it very long as it will get uncomfortably hot. At night the beam can be seen from just about anywhere. That being said it does attract a bit of attention. Now for the 488nm, it is the most beautiful wavelength I've ever seen. Sure lighting up the sky is fun with the 520nm but there is something unique about this special wavelength. Daytime visibility with the 488 is surprisingly good but using this laser at night is where it shines. The beam can be seen very well at every angle, it is not obnoxiously bright but still does attract a bit of attention because of the unique color. This is the 100mw model and one concern I had was the higher power changing the wavelength to something that of a 492nm, something I've read from other users. This is NOT the case, the wavelength is a proper beautiful "skyblue." Overall these lasers are the best I've ever owned, the quality is really top notch. The only thing I do not like about my guardians is not being able to tell which wavelength each one is without having to turn them on as they are identical with no marking or labels. This is an easy fix however. I have attached some beautiful shots of these laser as well as videos. As with most videos it does not do them justice so I highly recommend you to buy a Sanwu if you have a chance so you can experience these for yourselves. That being said I have found my next "grail" and to no surprise it is a Sanwu laser, so my 520 and 488 are up for sale to make room for it. 😛 Enjoy these beam shots!

gazer101

Figured I'd make my first post a review! My father introduced me to lasers as a kid and my hobby / obsession grew from there. I've heard lots of good thinks about Sanwu so I wanted in on that experience. First off the shipping time was very reasonable, about 1 month exactly. However tracking was non existent, one day they just showed up at my door. I ordered my two guradians in the "smooth" finish. Very nice to the touch and to hold in the hand. The have a heft to them that you do not expect when picking it up, also adds to the nice quality feel. The 520nm is insanely powerful for how small it is, a "sleeper" if you will. However it gets very hot very fast. I would not want to cycle it very long as it will get uncomfortably hot. At night the beam can be seen from just about anywhere. That being said it does attract a bit of attention. Now for the 488nm, it is the most beautiful wavelength I've ever seen. Sure lighting up the sky is fun with the 520nm but there is something unique about this special wavelength. Daytime visibility with the 488 is surprisingly good but using this laser at night is where it shines. The beam can be seen very well at every angle, it is not obnoxiously bright but still does attract a bit of attention because of the unique color. This is the 100mw model and one concern I had was the higher power changing the wavelength to something that of a 492nm, something I've read from other users. This is NOT the case, the wavelength is a proper beautiful "skyblue." Overall these lasers are the best I've ever owned, the quality is really top notch. The only thing I do not like about my guardians is not being able to tell which wavelength each one is without having to turn them on as they are identical with no marking or labels. This is an easy fix however. I have attached some beautiful shots of these laser as well as videos. As with most videos it does not do them justice so I highly recommend you to buy a Sanwu if you have a chance so you can experience these for yourselves. That being said I have found my next "grail" and to no surprise it is a Sanwu laser, so my 520 and 488 are up for sale to make room for it. 😛 Enjoy these beam shots!

How much are you selling them for (you mentioned they were up for sale to make space for your new Sanwu laser)?

RamBull

Be careful Phytenize is a scammer. He deleted all his entire Reddit account and has ghosted me after paying him for his laser. He will tell you his Paypal and Venmo account don’t work.

Beware of this hack. Shame on him.

Be careful Phytenize is a scammer. He deleted all his entire Reddit account and has ghosted me after paying him for his laser. He will tell you his Paypal and Venmo account don’t work.

Beware of this hack. Shame on him.
He's got a higher post count than you. Use a little common sense when buying components, and if it's from a forum, buy it from the BST section, not reviews. And buy from trusted sources, you clown around you get clowned.
Look at Barnett, DTR, or Jlasers.

What is this world coming too, noobs calling noobs out lol

Photon Master

He's got a higher post count than you. Use a little common sense when buying components, and if it's from a forum, buy it from the BST section, not reviews. And buy from trusted sources, you clown around you get clowned.
Look at Barnett, DTR, or Jlasers.

What is this world coming too, noobs calling noobs out lol
Had to give you a thumbs up for giving me my new favorite catch phrase “you clown around you get clowned”