Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SAIK SA-305 BDR-S06J blu ray build

Interesting thing about the aixiz back.
Everytime i see a build like this i get more ideas for my own, thanks for the inspiration. Also, i have red that with 405 diodes one needs to recess it further inside the aixiz module because of focusing concerns? However, i am unable to find why exactly this is an issue.
Did you recess yours with that "recessing tool"?

I dont think there is an issue in how much you need to push the diode in. I just left it as in the photos in the first post. Not sure what your question is though? I dont have any focusing problems...

by POPULAR DEMAND :p
100_1396.JPG

This pumped the power to ~664 mW or so. Anyone knows where the power could go with a g1?

Last edited:

I dont think there is an issue in how much you need to push the diode in. I just left it as in the photos in the first post. Not sure what your question is though? I dont have any focusing problems...

Ah its just that i had red on the forum you could have issues focusing to infinity if the diode wasn't recessed. I guess it is false then...

Thanks

Ah its just that i had red on the forum you could have issues focusing to infinity if the diode wasn't recessed. I guess it is false then...

Thanks

Nah the focusing would take place at 1 or 2mm more in front of the diode compared to a diode which would be pushed more inside the module.

Last edited:
I know it's been awhile since your post,but I'ma slow reader,lol.I have an answer to your quandry about the heat shrink tubing not going all the way to the diode.Although you had a warning about the use of the alligator clip:),a great use is for when you try to use heat shrink near a shoulder.What I do is scrunch up the tubing a bit and put the alligator clip on the wire to hold it in place,and then heat it like usual.What I've found is when I do this,the tubing shrinkage is not enough to pull it away from the shoulder(in your case,the diode),and since most shoulders I shrink to are metal,it acts like a heat sink and leaves a nice little flair on the end.Hope this helps!
Kirk

I know it's been awhile since your post,but I'ma slow reader,lol.I have an answer to your quandry about the heat shrink tubing not going all the way to the diode.Although you had a warning about the use of the alligator clip:),a great use is for when you try to use heat shrink near a shoulder.What I do is scrunch up the tubing a bit and put the alligator clip on the wire to hold it in place,and then heat it like usual.What I've found is when I do this,the tubing shrinkage is not enough to pull it away from the shoulder(in your case,the diode),and since most shoulders I shrink to are metal,it acts like a heat sink and leaves a nice little flair on the end.Hope this helps!
Kirk

Hey. No problem about the late reply. Ideas Are always welcome. Unfortunately, I am not really sure what you described there :/