Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Safety glasses

Brad7777

Greetings, I recently purchased a laser pointer, my first from Rich who I met here in the forums. Its 6.7 watts, blue in color. My experience with Rich was both professional and enlightening. I was strongly advised not to go cheap when purchasing safety glasses. The consensus was that Survival Laser was a good place to go. Although their glasses are more expensive than many sold on places like Ebay & Amazon, I purchased the glasses at Survival. $46.00 including tax and the 10% code I thought was reasonable. Fact is, you can find safety glasses for $10 or $20 dollars that say they are similar but how do you really know? Many of these cheaper glasses are from unknown companies and although they may be the right color and style please beware! Its impossible to know with 100% certainty that they're the real deal until you try them on. If they fail you're left with damage to the eyes and pain that could last weeks, months, even years. Eyes are extremely delicate instruments of the body that's for sure. Be safe and dont take the gamble :)

GSS

Very glad you posted this.. New members need to know exactly what you said, that it's a gamble that those cheap ebay's glasses will do a thing..
Rich, is sure a blessing here:)

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to LPF, Brad! :)

6.7 Watts is a very powerful first laser, glad to see that you went with S/L for some quality safety eyewear.
Many new members don't want to spend the few extra dollars, and will gamble on their eye safety by buying an unknown and possibly untested pair of glasses/goggles.

BTW, Rich is a great source for high quality custom lasers here at LPF.

Hi Brad,
Glad you went with those glasses it doesn't pay to go cheap for safety and you will have them for years to come to use with other builds in the future.
My Moto is Go Cheap ,Go home and do it again. Enjoy and be safe always oh and respect the duty cycle on high power builds.
Rich:)

Giannis_TDM

Greetings, I recently purchased a laser pointer, my first from Rich who I met here in the forums. Its 6.7 watts, blue in color. My experience with Rich was both professional and enlightening. I was strongly advised not to go cheap when purchasing safety glasses. The consensus was that Survival Laser was a good place to go. Although their glasses are more expensive than many sold on places like Ebay & Amazon, I purchased the glasses at Survival. $46.00 including tax and the 10% code I thought was reasonable. Fact is, you can find safety glasses for $10 or $20 dollars that say they are similar but how do you really know? Many of these cheaper glasses are from unknown companies and although they may be the right color and style please beware! Its impossible to know with 100% certainty that they're the real deal until you try them on. If they fail you're left with damage to the eyes and pain that could last weeks, months, even years. Eyes are extremely delicate instruments of the body that's for sure. Be safe and dont take the gamble :)
Also, FYI if you want to go the extra mile since the power is so high you can get goggles from laser glow lab-grade OD7 for only 30$ more than the SL ones! Such a killer deal imo... don't get me wrong though the SL goggles are still good enough for this power.