Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Safety Glasses

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExLaserSquad

So well its already well past 3 months but thought i would ask either way just dont wanna risk it so i have survival laser od5+ safety glasses got a 1.5 watt laser which i use when i am free or on holidays its just i like to experiment by burning stuff but there is 1-2mm gap maybe 1mm not sure and glasses dont fit properly from downwad but upward they fit properly i dont see blue laser light but sometime i feel like a glare is there randomly when i am just burning stuff i need to see the dot or stay near laser to do that so is it dangerous?like idk which glasses even gonna fit though even if i buy new once who knows they wont end up the same way?the glasses ebay seller provided fit in more worst way then survival lasers once so i just thrown those crappy glasses into bin as they just look cheap rip offs.I just wanna be careful but not sorry its not this much distance and neither i see that much blue glare each time but yeah i feel like its well really bright when u are near the dot burning like sometime small glare or blue light i see a little bit sometime from upward too but thats rare more rare then downward one but nothing happened so far though.glasses are kind of fit but just 1-2mm gap is there in the downside area.i just did not want to spend more then 50$ again on some glasses because i dont think any glasses will fit perfectly on my face like thats not possible unless i make custom frame or glasses i guess?But sorry well i cant trust the local glasses shops for that..

ExLaserSquad

Just add a rubber bend and use it
what exactly u mean by that?
Oh those?hmm maybe i will then lol but those glasses does not have that many leaks but yes there is 1-2mm leak should i buy these once?well i did not buy these earlier i thought well light transmission would be less lol do u think i should buy these?i mean i dont really think any laser beam can reach my eyes from 1-2mm or it can? or especially reflections as they are alot more wider usually if laser if focused and mine is always focused though as i use it for burning stuff mostly.So should i buy this one?https://www.survivallaser.com/Eagle...0nm_Laser_Safety_Goggles/p556088_4768519.aspx but i kind of think its the same so if it has leaks also or maybe more leaks then my current glasses would be bad?are these good?or i should buy ebay one i mean ebay just does not have a great reputation so i did not wanna buy from there like if they cant properly block the laser light it will certainly damage my eyes badly as i look at the dot usually from quite close because i like to burn stuff and experiment with laser but i always wear my goggles though and stay indoor.maybe i can just put something on laser googles to cover the 1-2mm leak from downside?as they really work well so far

Last edited:

Encap

Tjhe glasses in your link are OD4 --you already have 10X the protection with OD5.

The Survival laser OD5 glasses are fine for what you are doing. The glasses are to prevent a direct hit meaning beam directly into your eye/eyes and the damage a direct hit can cause. Eagle Pairs are good laser glasses.
The majority of people find an Eagle Pair more than sufficient but if it bothers you goggles are always an option for more complete coverage.
Like these: https://www.laserlands.net/protecti...0-1700nm-laser-protective-glasses-ce-od5.html Laserlands sells directly and also sells on eBay

See if you can rig something up to fill in the 1-2mm gap --maybe black runner or neoprene foam .

Being careful when using a laser is the best protection.

Last edited:

GSS

ExLaserSquad, do you wear reading glasses or regular glasses?
Encap has sure had patients giving advice ;)
If I understand you think the spot your burning is to bright with the Eagles ans also they don't fit nice and tight??
Eagles glasses with the 50% visible light transmission will still give you optimum protection even though you might think the burning spot is to bright.. Thats another quality that makes them great safety glasses..
You might want to go with the Slip Over style instead that Survival Lasers sells. They are made for people who use regular glasses but also will cover your face alot tighter. They are also OD6..and are $50..

ExLaserSquad

i dont really use reading glasses lol honestly i even turned the laser on by mistake when i bought it 3 months ago and looked at dot for 2-3 sec then turned it off it was too bright thankfully nothing happened i guess i was lucky or maybe just 1-2 sec looking at dot or less did not do any damage not like i was too far away i tried on ground i was like 3-4 ft away still it felt so bright and i was really amazed honestly i knew lasers were bright but that one was in some other league and it burns really well for a 1.5 watt laser i guess i already had glasses though from survival lasers so started using them is there some way to give them manual measurments though?i mean if these glasses have a little more leaks then my current once it will be rather bad maybe they will like from sides or from top unless we try cant say for sure..and well i do plan to buy a 5 watt laser in future and compare it with my current one ( If it still works ) so maybe i should buy them the glasses i got i am not sure how good they will be for 5 watt laser its just 1.5-1 watt laser and it was really bright is there alot difference between these 2?i was planning to buy from sanwu lasers..or maybe 7 watt one or is very dangerous for indoor use?I am usually careful but its been just 2-3 months and i did not use this laser that much i just use it like after 3-4 days when i am free for an hour or 2 maybe i do give it time to cool after every 40-50 or 30 sec 1 min minimum cooldown time so i guess it may just work till i buy any stronger laser for comparing them what u guys think?its just a chinese laser though so i dont have very high hopes honestly.

Last edited:

Unpairedelectron01

Could you please put in a little more effort in formatting and grammar? Paragraph breaks, proper capitalization, and periods would go a long way.

GSS

Glasses rated at OD4 will give you protection to up to 10W and glasses at OD5 will protect to up to 100W..
Your making to much of these glasses not fitting well. 1 or 2 mm of a gap is a million in one chance of letting the full spot of a laser sneak in and bend around your face and hit you in the eye..
Put some rubber like mentioned, fold a little tape over the ridge of the glasses or use a strap to keep them tight on your face..
Now you might be someone who has a medical compulsive disorder condition, and thats something you cannot help, I understand as you had multiple posts on what battery's to get also..
Could be your worried your not getting your point across and the "language" barrier?? but you are starting to come across as a troll or info troll?? I'm sorry but it's the truth..

GSS

Get these and be done.. Up to 1000W laser protection and they should fit.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
ExLaserSquad, I don't know what kind of response your looking for, but both Encap and GSS have provided multiple, good solutions (and links) to answer your question.

@GSS, I think you may be correct with your last statement.

ExLaserSquad

oh well yeah it was not really about glasses lol i was asking whatever i should get a 5-7 watt sanwu laser or not?are they alot more dangerous then 1.5-1 watt?so far nothing happened with 1.5 watt one..and yeah i may get those glasses.Especially if i buy that laser its just sanwu support was not really checking any of my emails about some stuff i asked them lol been days still waiting yeah.I know they do give protection though of 100 watts but i was just a little concerned about that 1-2mm gap so i asked if its fine and my eyes wont get damaged then its fine i guess for 1 watt laser especially ( seller stated this was 3 watt laser with diode underpowered to 2 watt ) But i am more then sure its just 1 watt laser or maybe 1.2.Because burning capability is good but not all that strong.One last question is there anyway to see the beam of laser?I mean i have been using camera for that but seeing the blue beam when its burning stuff without our eyes getting hurt would be great..And yeah my punctuation is not great its rather bad.I know that its not related to the topic actually but would appreciate if anyone could answer that...

Last edited:

ExLaserSquad

lol well i was not trolling just asking is 7-5 watt alot more stronger?like can it cut thin metal? and is there a way to see laser beam without recording it on camera? but anyway its fine...

GSS

I logged back on after seeing your last post.
Wouldn't you think a 7W laser is basicly 7 times stronger than a 1W laser??
If you can't get over the fact of having a 1mm gap with your safety glasses, then you shouldn't be thinking of cutting thin metal..
If you didn't see the beam of your 1.5W laser with your glasses off, which i'm sure you did try without glasses, then your laser isn't 1.5W..

Status
Not open for further replies.